No announcement yet.

1982 gs 750 my fixing up thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately i didnt take pics this weekend will do next though, finally the bike is almost there, i was able to sync all the carbs this weekend but had starter problems only started once synced the carbs and never started again. so kinda disappointed i couldn't try my new colortune with homemade 14 to 12 mm adapter. last week i redid the fork seals, installed gaiters and a shiny chrome fender. ordered a used starter from ebay as mine is toast it melted bunch of crap on the inside because it was arching like a good welder lol. this week im hoping to finish new seat cover and suppose to get new plates from dmv. if everything goes well ill be riding her next week

Comment

Nice job there mate! Keep up the good work and good luck w/ any all mods you do, she's coming along quite nicely.

Comment

Drag Bars

Hey nice work so far! Where did you get the cables and brake hoses to fit with those drag bars? What lengths did you get? Thanks.

Comment

those are stock length cables a bit too long but work very well and dont catch on anything

Comment

shes almost done

Comment

Looks great Dodik. What's left to do?
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

get it to start without cranking for 5 minutes when cold, case guards, also got a second set of small led rear blinkers in the mail. that should be it.

Comment

Is that a helmet fairing around the headlight?! cool. It looks great. Also I like the black a lot better than the 'van halen crazy pin stripes' red it used to be. I went back to the start of the thread and the bike looks incredibly better than when you first started. You do nice work.

Comment

yeah it is a ebay special helmet fairing im gonna call it Woodsy Fairing as it was his idea, the bike looks a lot worse in person that seat cover will do for now but my sewing skills or the lack of them really shows, paint is easy when you got good 10 spray paint jobs a year for like 6-7 years lol. the red was suppose to be first layer i was going to go over in black and just leave stripes but riding season was getting shorter so i was like screw it if it doesnt rust its good to go lol.

Comment

haha I like the attitude. 'Screw looking good, I wanna ride'
                      I'm sure you'll get the bike looking to where you want it soon.

Comment

yeah next winter im going to rent a garage with a friend so ill be able to get looking new and spotless now its just a solid commuter my main goal, the bike is at my folks house in westchester so im able to work on it only on the weekend which sucks

Comment

well i finally brought the bike back to brooklyn last night, riding in heavy fog is a nightmare helmet screen just get really wet and acts like reflector when oncoming cars or street lights are present basicaly couldnt see **** in front of me had to stop a few times just to wipe it off. Then close to home my lowbeam died , and now i know for a fact thats its running quite rich in 65 miles i used at least two gallons going to tinker with it later on today to see if i can remedy that.

Comment

In a past few weeks i've been trying to figure out my hard starting problem turns out the starter i got off fleebay just needed a good cleaning. Now it starts with ease. I also installed mid 90's ninja left control so now i have a hazard button and my blinkers dont stick as they used to. Last night finished installing travelcade seat cover.
                            The only issue im still having is I THINK not sure but i think its a bit lean, as the bike gets to operating temp the rpms rise a little bit when i adjust idle screw it will be ok but then again i need to readjust when bike is cold.
                            My current setup is stock front airbox with 60mm emgo pod on the end, 120 mains, and 45 pilots, needle is on middle clip, also i drilled the back buffle of the 4-1 supertrapp. Im thinking of raising need one click or closing the buffle. I need your input guys on which should i do. the bike runs almost too well and im a bit afraid to burn things up. and here some pics for those who like them.

Comment

Nice progress man! The bike is looking pretty good, and it sounds like you've got it running well too. As to your question about the needles, I have no idea, never messed with them before

Comment

yeah im actually pretty happy about riding it again it saves so much time and money, i think ill try the baffle first as its only 5 bolts if that doesnt work ill pull the carbs. unfortunately the paint isnt as pretty up close i need to redo the tank and tail sections im thinking of doing skunk just not sure if i should do stripes on top or on the sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X