X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post
    Dang! Ah well one will turn up one day.

Thanks Joe.

Is that just the light, or is that a leg print in the right side of the tank?
    Just the lighting, however there is a dent on the top of the tank next to the gas cap.

Comment

Waiting on some parts for the 1100, so started the tear down and clean up on this thing.

Cleaned up the rear calipers and adjusters, sent a spare swingarm I had off to be powder coated. This one is pretty banged up on the left side.

Comment

Had the swingarm powdered looks new and the color was almost a perfect match.

Comment

Are you going to strip it down to the frame?

I'm debating how far to pull my 1100 down.

I'm not sticking to OEM and teh farme is already polished. Thinking about going back over it and respraying it semigloss clear (Por-15) and installing a new harness just to have a good base.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Are you going to strip it down to the frame?

I'm debating how far to pull my 1100 down.

I'm not sticking to OEM and teh farme is already polished. Thinking about going back over it and respraying it semigloss clear (Por-15) and installing a new harness just to have a good base.
            That's a good idea Jim, alot of times lightly sanding with 600 or 800 grit and a few coats of clear can really look good. You cannot go wrong with a new harness, its almost like giving it a new heart!

I debated as well but its just getting a face lift. Bike is in really good shape some parts cleaned up like new. Just gonna get it running really good and remove as many worts cosmetically as I can without spending a fortune....yeah right.

Comment

Cleaned up the chain by soaking it in Evapo-Rust over night, stuff really works well. Mounted up the swingarm, cleaned up the adjusters and the wheel.

Comment

Joe, are you just a LITTLE curious what the Evaporust did to the orings & grease in the chain? I am! Just a thought. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                  Joe, are you just a LITTLE curious what the Evaporust did to the orings & grease in the chain? I am! Just a thought. Ray.
                  Evaporust is not harsh, so if there are O-rings they are probably still there. Not sure if the evapos rust got past teh o-rings and diluted the grease.

If non o-ring probably OK.

Comment

Info from their website...assumed It would be ok.

EVAPO-RUST is non-corrosive to steel and does not harm brass, copper, aluminum, gold, lead, titanium, steel, cast iron, chrome, solder points, vinyl, plastic, rubber, silicone, glass, cork, or wood. EVAPO-RUST has an indefinite shelf life* and can be used over and over until it absolutely stops working. On average, one gallon de-rusts up to 300 pounds of light to moderately rusted steel

Not an eye irritant No VOC's, No Acids, Not a skin irritant, No HAP's, No Caustics Non-Toxic dermally or orally Non-Corrosive, No Solvents Non-HazardousNon-FlammableBiodegradable
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      Thanks man, it has some issues I may sell it, it is way to small for me. But definitly has the cool factor.
                      Man i want one of those!! and partly because at my height it would fit me like a glove!

suzukicycles.org lists the 86gsxr 750 as having a 29.7 " seat height. Would you say that is accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by mapball View Post
                        Man i want one of those!! and partly because at my height it would fit me like a glove!

suzukicycles.org lists the 86gsxr 750 as having a 29.7 " seat height. Would you say that is accurate?
                        Yes that is correct

Comment

Well a buddy who happens to be a track guy stops by my place a few weeks back to see this bike. He does the walk around thing and asks.."what are you going to do with this? ( mind you it's in pieces at this point) I reply thinkin on selling it on Ebay when its done. He replies "how much would you take as is? ahhh...I tell him 2800 and he says "sold", he picked it up the next day...

Comment

Working...
                          X