No announcement yet.

81 gs1000 g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Its running great now. I put the mixture screws in a full turn and it made a big difference. Then she started acting up again.. I thought gotta be the carbs.. Nope.. The regulator stopped working and the battery was so low the starter would not turn. Luckily it happened close to home so not a big deal. I have a new one on the way should be here this week. I got the bike from a guy that lives on my block, he just wanted to get rid of it as it was part of a bundle he got from his boss. The deal was for him to get the CB750 nighthawk and the 550 (I think) Ninja for his son he had to take the Suzuki with it so he just wanted to get what he had in it. Truly a once in a life time deal. You are right, hit the throttle a little hard and this bike just throws you into the passenger seat! I love it. I can't wait to ride it every day. Its plated and insured, just waiting on the Regulator from DennisKirk and I will be all set. I will post final pictures and a ride along once I have it back together..

TTYS,
    Scott..

Comment

Well here is a short ride along. Its a cheap camera so the quality is not so good, but I don't want to shake my good camera that much. It runs great, a few pop's when I take off from a stop sign or maintain a steady slow speed. However she pulls like a freight train from hell when you get on her. I had to back off more then once to keep the front tire on the ground. So I have some things to sort out however nothing major from what I can see. Oh she also does not like to start after sitting all night, I practically drain the battery on the first try in the morning so I have that to sort out also. All and all a very great ride!

Comment

She's out and about now and that certainly is good news.
        Your wife and/or GF's body language was like she was never going to see you again or will be waiting by the phone.

Eric

Comment

Yea, that was my wife. She came out looking for me she did not know I took off on the bike. The best part is I never even saw her there until after I reviewed the video. She wanted me to go get pizza or some thing for dinner, I said dinner? Whats that?

Scott..

Comment

Working...
          X