No announcement yet.

1982 GS1100E dragbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

This should show you how to wire the button...I hope
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Hey Jerry....
      Everything's cool...just listen to Ray and the rest of us that actually have done this stuff...

If your class allows wheelie bars, you would be foolish not to run them...

(Still think you should just buy my bike)

Later,

So, What is the price of your bike?

Comment

Originally posted by gregr View Post
        So, What is the price of your bike?
        PM sent....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Heeeey... How come the price is a secret?
          sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
            Heeeey... How come the price is a secret?
            Well she's not "officially" for sale yet...

Got to put a battery in her, change the oil, get some fresh gas, fire her up and clean her up...
            That is this weekend's project...

Then I will put it in the for sale section here, the for sale section at dragbike.com, let the builder, KPM, know it is for sale so he can spread the word...

But, I'm looking at about 4K...with starter cart and some spares...
            Last edited by Baatfam; 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
              This bike is local, normally it leaves with the tire about two inches off the pavement. The track where that pic was taken, W.I.R. in Kaukauna, Wi. had a bridge over a creek right at the turn off collapse due to all the lovely rain we've been getting. So no races tonight...
              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

sorry to derail thread temporarilly. where can i find more info about events at kaukana? i'd like to watch this some time. now back to our regular schedualed program! keep coming with pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Well she's not "officially" for sale yet...

Got to put a battery in her, change the oil, get some fresh gas, fire her up and clean her up...
                  That is this weekend's project...

Then I will put it in the for sale section here, the for sale section at dragbike.com, let the builder, KPM, know it is for sale so he can spread the word...

But, I'm looking at about 4K...with starter cart and some spares...
                  SMOKIN' deal as it would be a LOT more to build it like that from scratch yourself! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by wesmoon View Post
                    sorry to derail thread temporarilly. where can i find more info about events at kaukana? i'd like to watch this some time. now back to our regular schedualed program! keep coming with pictures
                    That bike has been parked for a while, has been for sale too. Was on ebay, i don't know if it sold or not. The track has a website btw.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                      That bike has been parked for a while, has been for sale too. Was on ebay, i don't know if it sold or not. The track has a website btw.
                      that was brock davidson's old pro street bike from years ago.
                      a guy named wes had it for a while and then i think another guy i know bought it..i forget his name but he worked in a cryro place in Wisconsin i think.
                      i knew these guys along with turbo jim from IDBA and Prostar.

Comment

Bob's GS

Wow Bob. If I hadn't a spent so much on mine already I'd a liked to snag yours. I've got almost 3k in mine and it's nowhere near where yours is. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting 4k.

Comment

GS1100E starter clutch

Anybody know what other bikes have starter clutcthat will work on a 1982 GS1100E? There's a ton of them on eBay from 450, 650, and 750 bikes (including a couple of 81 750E's), but none for an 1100. Anybody got one I can buy?

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                            that was brock davidson's old pro street bike from years ago.
                            a guy named wes had it for a while and then i think another guy i know bought it..i forget his name but he worked in a cryro place in Wisconsin i think.
                            i knew these guys along with turbo jim from IDBA and Prostar.
                            Ken Naef used to own it, owns a bike repair shop in Green Bay. He sold it to the guy who owns it now.

Comment

Originally posted by jareness View Post
                              Anybody know what other bikes have starter clutcthat will work on a 1982 GS1100E? There's a ton of them on eBay from 450, 650, and 750 bikes (including a couple of 81 750E's), but none for an 1100. Anybody got one I can buy?

Jerry
                              I have! Call me at 714-356-7845. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                                Ken Naef used to own it, owns a bike repair shop in Green Bay. He sold it to the guy who owns it now.
                                ookkkkk
                                ken naeff...aka big balls
                                it was a fun bike to watch!
                                jerry,
                                80-82 GS1100 16v. starter clutches are the same..maybe a couple others but i don't recall right now.
                                i'm between germantown and trenton if i can be of any assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X