No announcement yet.

Thanks and some pics of our GS1000S replica resto mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful. How long was the build? and what do you do with it now?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
      beautiful. How long was the build? and what do you do with it now?

took us roughly 6 months of occasional work. most of the time was spent waiting on the paint. the paint/decals were gonna make the whole deal so we were patient.

like every thing either of us build im sure it will get sold at some point.for now we are gonna ride it occasionally. for me especially i enjoy the build as much if not more than riding.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I think i need a drool bucket.... That would be one of the very few bikes that i would trade my 750 for.
        Last edited by kingofvenus; 07-07-2010, 10:11 PM.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Looks & sounds great. Mind if I ask a question about the exhaust? What exhaust exactly do you start with and what was the process to transform into what we see now? More details the better
          1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
          Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

its a new V&H header,delkavic mid pipe that we modded via shortening and alterring the bend.

the muffler is a yosh r55 that we called a friend at yosh and told him what size inlet we needed.no idea of actual application its for.

Comment

some pictures that are more worthy of posting.

Comment

The blue cooler lines are really sharp.
                The bike is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                  The blue cooler lines are really sharp.
                  The bike is beautiful.
                  Since you mentioned it I think thats what I dont like the most.
                  The bike looks AWESOME, cept for those way loud hoses.
                  I know if ya run a cooler ya have to have hoses but for goodness sake, cant they go someplace else?
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Wow! I liked the earlier pics, but I agree, Eddie ... these do the bike far more justice, hehe!

...Oh, and for the record, I think the cooler lines were exceptionally well done - I especially like the extra attention given to the application of those nice chrome brackets, as well as the choice of color on the lines. They work very well on the bike and look as though they're supposed to be there. The factory would've been hard pressed to do a better job had those been "OEM spec."

Regards,

Comment

Bike looks very nice; I had a chance to ride Salty Monks Skunk this last weekend and it is had alot of torque stock and was light and nimble.

With the 1085 and Bandit conversion it has to be a nice ride.

Comment

im not in love with the cooler line color.i would have prefered just plain black braided hose mostly because the blue hose is a pain to keep clean.

the routing however is how it needs to be.

Comment

They work very well on the bike and look as though they're supposed to be there. The factory would've been hard pressed to do a better job had those been "OEM spec."
                          that is my goal on everything i do. a customer saw some others looking at it at the shop and couldnt figure out what everyone was going on about.

"its just got a pipe on it". he thought it came this way other than the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Sisneros View Post
                            im not in love with the cooler line color.i would have prefered just plain black braided hose mostly because the blue hose is a pain to keep clean.
                            Well GET in love with it, brother!

I can definitely appreciate where keeping it clean could be a chore ... but it really looks great (in my opinion)!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                            X