No announcement yet.

GS1100 dragbike update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure you're right Steve. I just got it backwards when I typed it. BTW, having a hell of a time with the bike running below 5000 rpm. Only the mains were changed. The stock pilots stayed in and the idle circuit wasn't adjusted. I know it's lean because until it warms up it will hardly run without the choke all the way out. I don't know CV carbs like I do the VM's. My guess is that I should turn out the idle screws (how do I know how much?) if CV carbs even have idle air screws, and stick a bigger set of pilot jets in.

Also, I have a set of slingshot carbs that came off a GSXR1100. I was told by one person I shouldn't use them on the 82. Anybody?

Thanks Ray! Hope to make a few more trips out this year before it gets too cold (I live in Michigan). You shoulda seen all the guys on their 2009 GSXR's and ZX's coming over to ooh and ahh over the bike. It was funny. And it 'aint even pretty yet. Once the season is over it's coming all the way apart for stage II of this project. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Jerry

Comment

don't waste a nickle or a bead of sweat on vaccum carbs.
      save a few bucks and buy a set of used RS mikuni's...
      i may know of a set of 38's...you know my number..
      BIGGEST BANG for the bucks...

Comment

Working...
      X