No announcement yet.

GS450 Mega Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust looks great! Definably different and way cool on a GS. I like it a lot!

Comment

First Run..

Well. I got out on a ride today finally. I took it around the block just to feel out the changes, and boy there were many. I sit a lot higher up than before, and have to change up the brake and shift lever angles to get comfortable.

Got about 5 minutes into the ride and WOP! rear flat tire. Manged to coax it home in first.

Check the vid: link

Comment

The bike looks really good. I especially like the exhaust. Probably a stupid question but is the exhaust can welded on or slipped on?

Comment

Slip on!! Wish I hadn't blown a tire. It would have been nice to open her up and see how she sounds.

SC

Comment

Oh. Not a stupid question after all! I thought it was welded on! So what's next?

Comment

New back tire, and a permanant license mount and call it good. Tuning commences in the spring.....

Comment

Definitely looking great Scotty! Something looks funny with the routing of the front break line though...

But, sounds good, looks good, should be a damn fine ride once you get it all straightened out and tuned up
                Last edited by pete; 12-05-2010, 07:28 AM. Reason: Typo
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks Pete,

Cut the brake line too long and it's a bit out there. I have to order a new fitting from Earl's so I can shorten it up.

Scott

Comment

Nice Vid!

Thanks for the video. It was nice to see the whole bike as opposed to just what you were working on. I love it. Probably one of my favorite builds on the site right now. It just looks like so much fun. The skinny back tire and rear body work look great. Its a very refreshing change from so many people trying to get the biggest tire possible on the back.

It looks like a motard / dual sport / cafe / canyon carver / race bike hybrid. You've combined all the best bits about the styles of those bikes without it looking like a monster hack job. Guess thats what happens when you go in with a plan

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                      Thanks for the video. It was nice to see the whole bike as opposed to just what you were working on. I love it. Probably one of my favorite builds on the site right now. It just looks like so much fun. The skinny back tire and rear body work look great. Its a very refreshing change from so many people trying to get the biggest tire possible on the back.

It looks like a motard / dual sport / cafe / canyon carver / race bike hybrid. You've combined all the best bits about the styles of those bikes without it looking like a monster hack job. Guess thats what happens when you go in with a plan
                      Ditto on that!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottychop View Post
                        New back tire, and a permanant license mount and call it good. Tuning commences in the spring.....
                        Wait... Did the rear tire explode or it just went flat?

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

Very well said .

Comment

Plan? What plan?

The tire went flat all of a sudden, when i goosed the throttle. I think I must have missed a little piece of metal shaving or something when cleaning out the tread. It may be lodged in between the rim and tire...the one place I didn't check. Such is life. Now I can get a new tire to match the front!

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Comment

450 For Sale

Well, she's for sale:

Comment

Wow that's a real shame! Well, maybe not considering you're having your first child...

I hope you get a good buyer for it that keeps it with the same interest you had.

If you were just a tad closer I'd certainly be giving it some thought...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Pete!

Comment

Working...
                                X