Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1100E View Post
    Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, great job!! That's a definite BOM

Please create a picture album, I'd sure like to see more...

You should know . I agree. Between this one and Smokin's resto the Kat's should dominate BOM in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
      If you'd be willing to say I'd love to know what a full resto like that set you back. Phenomenal job.
      I tend to over do it so I definately over-spent. I bought the bike for $6k and probably dropped $3k and who knows how many hours making everything perfect. I am a sick puppy. I polish and clear coat every nut and bolt. I replace and rebuild everything that has rubber. Painted parts are all professionally powder-coated. This is therapy for me.

Comment

Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, great job!! That's a definite BOM

Please create a picture album, I'd sure like to see more...
        Here is the photobucket link.
        http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...zuki%20Katana/

What is a BOM?

Comment

Originally posted by bbutler455 View Post
          Here is the photobucket link.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

What is a BOM?
          BOM = Bike of the month, your Kat is cover photo material all day long

Also, thanks for posting the pics - what an amazing machine!!

Comment

Beautiful work!! One question..... I was looking through your photos and noticed a great close-up of the engine. Looks as though you replaced all of the rubber spacers in the fins of the head, is this correct? Do I dare ask what purpose they serve? And, are they still available? I guess that was 3 questions...sorry.

Again, beautiful bike!

Comment

BOM = Bike of the month, your Kat is cover photo material all day long

Also, thanks for posting the pics - what an amazing machine!!
              Agreed; That is fantastic and probably better than any 0 miles Kat that has been pushed around since 82

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog209 View Post
                Beautiful work!! One question..... I was looking through your photos and noticed a great close-up of the engine. Looks as though you replaced all of the rubber spacers in the fins of the head, is this correct? Do I dare ask what purpose they serve? And, are they still available? I guess that was 3 questions...sorry.

Again, beautiful bike!
                From what i understand they are supposd to help with vibration noise of the engine. I have seen them on the inside fins where the spark plugs are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutler455 View Post
                  I tend to over do it so I definately over-spent. I bought the bike for $6k and probably dropped $3k and who knows how many hours making everything perfect. I am a sick puppy. I polish and clear coat every nut and bolt. I replace and rebuild everything that has rubber. Painted parts are all professionally powder-coated. This is therapy for me.
                  That bike is gorgeous! I think you might have surpassed Ed's (Nessism's) level of fine, detailed work.

One question..... I was looking through your photos and noticed a great close-up of the engine. Looks as though you replaced all of the rubber spacers in the fins of the head, is this correct? Do I dare ask what purpose they serve?
                  I believe they serve to damp resonance. FWIW, I have them on my bike, and they were missing on an '83 1100E a friend formerly owned, and there was no difference.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

82 1000s

Brock,

Congratulations! What an amazing job, she looks awesome.
                    Scott
                    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                      From what i understand they are supposd to help with vibration noise of the engine. I have seen them on the inside fins where the spark plugs are as well.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Again, beautiful bike!
                        The other posts have it right. They slightly change the ping from the engine sound. When I take off my rubber parts, I put them in a ziplock bag with amoural. The months later when I am ready for them they are nicely restored. I am not sure if you can get these new. I could not find them on the parts diagram.

Comment

Nice work Dude! I have a question (or two). Did you paint the swingarm? If yes what did you use?

Beautiful!

Comment

That looks as though you just pulled it our of the crate. Lovely work.

(He says through the gritted teeth of seething jealousy)

Comment

bike of the year! great job

Comment

oh- will it only do 80?

Comment

Working...
                                X