No announcement yet.

first ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reducing cranking pressure by increasing numbers. the low numbers are the hardest on the starter motor.

the lower numbers are only for engnies that the mechanical limits are not interfering by hitting-piston to valve and valve to valve.. the lobe center choice has everything to do with -- combustion chamber geometry and piston crown and cam duration have the biggest influence to what cam lobe angles are viable.

I want a good idle and street type running conditions. at 102 equal centerlines- there is 102 degrees of cam lobe angle separation. The midrange was incredible. The idle is almost nice, throttle response is violent.

110 separation is closer to a street tune. your 107/109 setting is actually a lazy 108 and close to what I'm after, but every engine is different.

I rode it last night and the power is very strong starting at 5K and it gets massive at 7K.. I'll be heading up to 108/108 for my next experiment.

I need it to be a little more tame as I ease into the throttle.

OH I almost forgot I put the lock up clutch on it. a little bolt and nut on every other arm- for starters.

on a 4th gear roll-on it slipped just a slight bit about 6K and hooked- nice and predictable function, But I'm putting a bolt on every arm for a little more grip.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

nearly perfect

ok 108/108 and it purrs at idle perfectly!!! The muffler/baffle came in from bike bandit. Quiet and polite.

36 flatslides 17.5 pilot 142.5 mains and the needles are full lean- I might try 1 step richer today

I'm going to try the 12 volt starter again since the camtiming change.

now I can get in the riding game again.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
      X