Calipers cleaned and rebuilt.

Comment

Nice survivor, looks great!

It's been said many times before - "Square Headlights rule!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 1100E View Post
        Nice survivor, looks great!

It's been said many times before - "Square Headlights rule!!"
        Agreed I am partial to the blockheads also...

Comment

Man, that thing looks great. I'll watch this thread closely. I am starting a similar project with my 81 750E that has 3,060 original miles. I'd say yours is cleaner, overall, and is inspiring to me.
          Not to be rude, but I am curious to know what you paid, only as a matter of comparison. I am happy with what I paid, though some may say it was too much, some would say it is worth more.

I am considering keeping my rectangular headlight. I am torn on that, though. I like the 82 round. However, I dig keeping things mostly original. Decisions decisions...

Anyway, GREAT bike.

Comment

Originally posted by MilesDad View Post
            Man, that thing looks great. I'll watch this thread closely. I am starting a similar project with my 81 750E that has 3,060 original miles. I'd say yours is cleaner, overall, and is inspiring to me.
            Not to be rude, but I am curious to know what you paid, only as a matter of comparison. I am happy with what I paid, though some may say it was too much, some would say it is worth more.

I am considering keeping my rectangular headlight. I am torn on that, though. I like the 82 round. However, I dig keeping things mostly original. Decisions decisions...

Anyway, GREAT bike.
            Sent you a PM....

Comment

Great score! I have the same model and colour, but not as nice. I just need to get some nice original mirrors for mine, and do something about my pinstripes which are ratty and letting the bike down.

well done

Comment

Rick,

My pinstripes are faded as well, the paint is decent accept for the fender areas. Shoot me some pics of yours...

Comment

My fender is the worst too paintwise! PM sent!

Comment

Im starting to agree with Ed on the OEM look, found an awesome set of stock pipes that I swapped the Kerker header for. The original stock look is really beginning to grow on me. Slapped on some new rubber and mounted up the calipers..carbys cleaned up and a new petcock and shes done. ( oh and remove that little red pin stripe that tried to get away).

Last edited by Guest; 09-25-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Anyone had any lock with re-doing the pinstriping?

Comment

If the weather stays warm enough, I'll be repainting and striping pretty soon. I just have to get the paint off of a couple more pieces. I already bought the stripes, and plan to "bury" them in the clear.
                        I'll let you know how it goes.

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                        Anyone had any lock with re-doing the pinstriping?

Comment

What tires did you put on it?

Comment

Originally posted by MilesDad View Post
                            What tires did you put on it?
                            They are DUROS I ordered them from BikeBandit.

Front 100/90 H18

Rear 110/90 H19

They were $118.19 for the set shipped to my front door. Cost me $40.00 to have them mounted at a local shop, so I have $158.19 total in them. I run them on my 700 also, so far they have performed well, definitley an affordable option.

Comment

Getting close just need to do the dreaded mounting of the carbs and airbox.

Comment

Did the POR-15 tank sealer treatment with amazing results

After shaking it for days with drywall screws I used magnets on a string to extract all of the rust flake particles. It took awhile but well worth the effort.

Turned out way better than I expected...

Comment

Working...
                                X