No announcement yet.

Second try gsxr conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, My axle was kind of short after I did the swap. I forgot to put the bearing spacer (crush spacer) in the rim and tried to tighten the nut. Needless to say, I stripped the threads, so I made a new one and lengthened it. It is longer then what I need but I didnt want it to be to short. Just need to shave off the extra and drill the holes. Also made the new bearing spacer to fit the gsxr rim with the stock Gs axle (17mm).

Comment

Hey posplayer, i looked up this thread, as Im trying to fit the 4.5 inch gsxr rear on the gs1150 3.5 in stock swingarm setup

quick question; will the gs1100e hub carrier fit the gsxr wheel, and reduce offset fromn 1.5 (stock) to 1"?
      If so i need that hub and im all set....kevin k

Comment

I dont know if POSPLAYER will respond since this is my thread. You might want to try and get ahold of him directly. Also try KINGOFVENUS, BILLYRICKS, and SALTYMONK. They have all done the conversion like mine. I believe Salty did the 4.5 inch wheel too.

Comment

If your wheel has 6 spacings for cush drive rubbers you want to use the GS sprocket drive (I believe all GS's are the same).

If your wheel has 5 spacings for the cush drive rubbers I believe you want to use a GS500 one.

My wheel was a 5.5" wearing a 170.
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Yea mines a 4.5 with a 160.

Comment

Working...
            X