82'1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike,

As far as your ss lines, if you can do without the bike for as long as it takes you to replace them, there is a place on chapel road in manchester called fluid dynamics that will mach them to your old lines exactly, (bring your old ones),while you wait. The ones for my 1100 were $27.00 each. They have ss color, blue, black, smoke, and red for the stuff I got. I put the smoke ones on "blu bertha". Thought that was pretty reasonable. Worth some consideration IMO. You can look them up online for their hours. If their hours aren't convenient for your schedule, let me know and I can stop by to pick your old lines up the night before and get them done the next day.

Comment

On a more appropriate thread note................

I put my mercury sticks on the ol' girl and WOW did I get lucky. All were within 1cm of each other. I'm not going to fool with the ballance yet as the plugs looked a bit ritch on idle so I've been slowly creeping up on the mixture screws. Once the black ring turns to brown/grey, I 'll get the ballance closer.

I got my tax refund back so now I'm going to get rid of the bald, (so bald you can see the air inside), and cracked tires changed.

In the mean time, I'll get the mixture and ballance right zipping up and down the street.

So far no leaks anywhere in the motor or the rear end. WOOOO HOOOOOO

Comment

OK. Got the new sneakers put on Easter Saturday. Ended up going with Dunlop D404's. I've had a few shops recommend them when I was asking around about tire prices etc.

Fiddled with the carb screws some more and did a ballance. All seems well there now. I'm sure I'll tweak the mixture screws back and forth a couple times before I'm satisfied, but it runs pretty good as it is.

All that's left to do is an oil change and ride it.....................

Comment

Cut the old mufflers off today. Got a pair of new, cheap, Dunstal replica slip-on stock look a-likes to put on, ($70.00 each). Had to start it up to see what it sounded like with no mufflers. Here's a quick clip of that. (Started cold just for a few sec. as to not get the neighbors all piffed off).

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I haven't heard mine run yet, but yours sure sounds nice.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Latest update,

Trying to find a windsheild I like. Don't care for all the stuff in the millions of books at the bike shops so I thought I'd fiddle around with some cardboard.

Opinions please...............

Comment

one more view of it

Comment

and yet one more

Comment

A quick vid of my home made windsheild and exhaust pipes.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2011, 11:10 PM. Reason: wrrong link

Comment

Very cool little windshield! How did you take it from the card board mock up to the plastic finished product? The bike looks great by the way!

Comment

Thanks,

I stapled the cardboard one to a large board, (as close to the shape I wanted as I could get), stuck all of the flamable items in the oven at 320 deg-F for about 15 minuits on the center rack till I could smell cardboard, then just set the flat plastic on top, (with center marks on both the cardboard and the plastic), and waited till the plastic melted around the cardboard. After a few tweaks here and there with the propane torch, I drilled the mounting holes and trimmed off the extra room I left .

The wife was so impressed she called me honey with other words attached...........she probably couldn't comprehend the importance of my frugality and innovation because she kept asking.... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU??!!! WE EAT FOOD FROM THERE!!!!!!! She's ok now though............

Comment

Is this ok?

As stated......Is it ?????

Click link to video.

Comment

Pretty mutch done

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics and lack of them during my progress, but here is the finnished product.

Comment

another pic

Another pic

Comment

Nice lookin' bike there buddy!!

Don was over last night to show off his new paint job - the bike looks VERY nice, he's done a great job cleaning her up & making her reliable.

And the thing sounds mean with those straight pipes on it! Not obnoxious, just "aggressive".

I'm just a little more than jealous, I wish I never sold my old '82 1100G.

Nice job Don!!
                                '85 GS550L - SOLD
                                '85 GS550E - SOLD
                                '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                                '81 GS750L - SOLD
                                '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                                '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                                '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                                '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
                                X