My GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS1000

I had time to tear the bike down and fit my swingarm and modified the frame to use the front end off of a 93 600 Katana. The project is slowly coming along and progressing well.Next up is setting the bike up with a monoshock and cleaning up some excess tabs before it goes to the powdercoater.I will post some update pics soon.

FTFY

What'd you have to modify? My frame is a few years newer, but it slid right in. The front end that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
      FTFY
      FTFY??

PTPOUOF
      (Please Take Pity On Us Old Fogies)

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Could it be "Fixed these for you"?
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The stop tab on the neck prevented the front end from making a complete sweep and I hand to grind down the inside where the swingarm slides in a little.

Comment

Curly what swingarm did you use? Do you have any pics of your bike?Thanks.

Comment

FTFY - Fixed that for you. I hate picture attachments and links, they're incredibly hard/annoying to use on my iPhone, so I was making it easy for others. Oh, and an iPhone is a computer and mobile telephone all in one, look it up.

It's the stock swingarm from my '85 700, which already has the mono shock, from '83 on I THINK. Without the extensions obviously.

Comment

Thanks for doing that. My swingarm came off a 86 GSXR1100 and the frame was a little wider but that was an easy fix.I like the way your bike looks.It is clean and to the point.

Comment

Working...
                X