Harvest Classic Vintage and European 2010 Auction Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Classic Vintage and European 2010 Auction Bike

Some where in here, there is a great story about people who love and build incredible bikes to benefit the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. We attended the "Harvest Classic Vintage and European Motorcylce Rally" in Luckenbach, Texas. (Don't miss this event!)

My wife Susan and I bought this 1977 GS750 at the charity auction. The bike was not finished when we bought it, so we were able to have some input. The bike was donated by a guy named Randy Voet, aka "Jap bike Randy" and his friends Paul, Lance, Leeland, Rob and others I'm sure I am not aware of. These guys all work at Killeen Powersports, a Suzuki, Honda, Triumph store in Killeen, Texas

Randy's vision and taste as it relates to cafe bikes mirrors mine in so many ways. It must be spare, functional, have appropriate nods to the bikes origin and be true to the real cafe racer mantra, "it has to be built not bought".

I really like the "Yosh" style braced swing arm and under slung rear caliper, and of course the cut down and sectioned GS550 tank tuned tail section. Not to mention everything else.

Happy New Year and enjoy the pictures!

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow

Originally posted by horsepowerfarm View Post
    Some where in here, there is a great story about people who love and build incredible bikes to benefit the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. We attended the "Harvest Classic Vintage and European Motorcylce Rally" in Luckenbach, Texas. (Don't miss this event!)

My wife Susan and I bought this 1977 GS750 at the charity auction. The bike was not finished when we bought it, so we were able to have some input. The bike was donated by a guy named Randy Voet, aka "Jap bike Randy" and his friends Paul, Lance, Leeland, Rob and others I'm sure I am not aware of. These guys all work at Killeen Powersports, a Suzuki, Honda, Triumph store in Killeen, Texas

Randy's vision and taste as it relates to cafe bikes mirrors mine in so many ways. It must be spare, functional, have appropriate nods to the bikes origin and be true to the real cafe racer mantra, "it has to be built not bought".

I really like the "Yosh" style braced swing arm and under slung rear caliper, and of course the cut down and sectioned GS550 tank tuned tail section. Not to mention everything else.

Happy New Year and enjoy the pictures!

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/ww53/horsepowerfarm/GS750 almost finished/?albumview=slideshow
    VERY nice. Nice to see it finished. Several of us have been talking about having a Texas GSR meet/rally next year at the Harvest Classic.

Did Randy Voet make the braced swingarm? Is it just a stock GS750 swinger that has been braced? If you happen to have contact info on the fabricator please let me know; I'd love to have one made for my GS1000S.

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
      VERY nice. Nice to see it finished. Several of us have been talking about having a Texas GSR meet/rally next year at the Harvest Classic.

Did Randy Voet make the braced swingarm? Is it just a stock GS750 swinger that has been braced? If you happen to have contact info on the fabricator please let me know; I'd love to have one made for my GS1000S.
      Randy's idea to do it, Lance's pictures and Paul braced the stock swing arm. Call them up at Killeen Powersports and see if they can help you out.

We intend to show the bike at the Lone Star Classic in March. How about a Texas GSR meet in Cresson at the "Classic"

Comment

Is that you and your wife at the end of the clip?
        Good on ya for contributing to such a worthy cause. The beautiful bike being an added bonus.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yes that is Susan and I in the video.

Comment

Working...
          X