interesting resto - GT380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting resto - GT380

A friend of a friend is restoring a Suzuki GT380. Not a gs I know, sorry, please move or delete this thread if it offends, but I thought it would interest some.

was going to throw this in the off-topic forum but there's not even a single post there so didn't know if anyone would see this.

anyways i've been enjoying his progress, check it out for yourself.
    andrew

You will be able to see what's in the Off-topic forum after you've reached 10 posts. That is to prevent someone who's not really interested in the forum as a whole from spamming people.

My work computer won't let me look at the site so I'll check it out tonight from home.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nobody will complain. Most here love the old two-strokes.

Comment

That looks like some mighty fine work. Very impressive polishing.

Comment

Those carbs polished up real easy. I used to take Simichrome polish and a toothbrush to the ones on my 305 and have them looking like chrome in minutes. The aluminum back then on the covers was a little softer than now and polished up nicely.

Comment

lovely link thaks for sharing
            who would get mad? this is not some pinhead for profit nazi regime like most forums are.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              Nobody will complain. Most here love the old two-strokes.
              Reminds me of the days when we rode two strokes for enjoyment.

An old picture of me aboard a hot rod GT750.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                Reminds me of the days when we rode two strokes for enjoyment.

An old picture of me aboard a hot rod GT750.

Probably 25 years ago someone tried to give me a non-running tea kettle and I was dumber than hell and never picked it up. Still kicking myself over that one.

Comment

Awesome bike and awesome work! I owned and rebuilt a GT380 about 25 years ago. I tried sell it shortly after - the best I could get back then was $400 - MAN! that breaks my heart (a single tear just fell in to my beer) - now they change hands for silly money. I really enjoyed the GT380 - it was not as quick as my friends X7 (just too heavy - it felt like a bag of bricks going in to bends) but I loved it all the same. Good luck and thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
                  X