Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bringing back an 81 750e

in the interest of making this easier to follow i started a blog

This blog will chronicle the restoration and all the fun that goes along with it.

Nice,

I rescued an '81 750L a couple of years ago - really liked that one, wish I didn't sell it.

Good luck
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

small update, lots of cleaning. btw anybody have any idea how to remove the stupid battery, there doesn't seem to be anything holding it down but it just wont pull out.

Comment

Nothing holding mine down.

There is a rubber cushion in the bottom of the battery box....maybe it's a little sticky from boil over...just guessin'..
        sigpic
        1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
        2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

ITS ALIVE! finally got it running for the first time. happy early birthday present to me. i was really worried i bought a complete basket case this time i have never put that much money into a non runner before, and never plan on doing it again.

now the fun part. its running 125 mains because it came with a 4-1 on it, now it has the stock exhaust so its running too rich and wont take throttle. just going to put a full carb kit on it. also needs to rubbers all around.
          also need to find a center stand, air filter box.
          and i still need to go over the brakes.

thank god the weather was in the 50's today, hopefully it stays that way.

will update blog and will post pics tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
          X