gs1100e remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100e remodel

well the old 1100 has served me well and its time for a face lift of sorts. i usally buy and seel these old bike for the whores they are but this one stuck around. looking for ideas for the face lift. plans are as follows:
    repair oil leak- go though carbs
    fork swap- have some gsxr fork from the mid to late 90's but looking for nice usd
    wheel swap- these are the worst looking wheel and want wider tire
    switch exhaust around
    maybe extended swinger and mono-shock swap maybe
    loose all the bs mirrors reflectors ect ect
    i want to do something with the rear section of the frame, maybe a different tail section

really im looking for ideas, pics, ect. i have more resources at my hands than most so im not scared to make things. any useful info would great. heres a pic before it got put away last year. end result i want something that looks different but still functions as it should. i ride a lot and want it to be something to be proud of. starting with this one and if it turns out well ill move to another one.
    pics before i put it away last year:

suggestions?:knucks:

give it hell, then give it some more!!! will be following your build.

Comment

Looks nice the way it is. You might look at Poplayers bike. He did alot of suspension upgrades on his.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Very nice looking bike there sir! I've never seen it in black before and it looks really nice. Keep us informed on your progress.

Comment

got bike to garage but have been sick ill get on it soon enough

Comment

Your bikes nice the way it is but just imagine this tail section on your bike.

If I was going to go for it, thats what I would do. We might have to change the tank and the side covers too.

Comment

Originally posted by White Rabbit View Post
              Your bikes nice the way it is but just imagine this tail section on your bike.

If I was going to go for it, thats what I would do. We might have to change the tank and the side covers too.
              That's a custom Kawasaki Z1 hiding under all that purple paint. The tail section is a custom piece, but the tank and side covers look like stock Z1 parts to me.

Comment

Testarossa; Did you know Testarossa means "Red head" in Italian?

Ya..Thats a z1 but what I'm saying is a flare in the tail might fit the gs bike. Take a look at this guys bike on utube and think of how it would look with a flared tail.

Comment

Here are a couple of my faves

This one is turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X