GS850 Cafe "Night Fury"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Cafe "Night Fury"

This has been my little project for the past month or two. It still has a long way to go but I will keep you posted as everything comes together. Right now I am fiberglassing the fairing and getting the engine ready to go back in. It's been a blast!

Looks like an 82-83 850GL.

The green accents should be interesting. The exhaust hanger might work out better black. We'll see. Did you paint the stock rubber brake line?

Hurry up and finish.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Nice project. Keep us posted on your progress. Kinda like the green hornet theme with the acid green. Cool.

Keep building!

Comment

The brake line was wrapped in Techflex braided cable sleeves. Its much better than painting. More pictures to come.

Comment

Looks lite.
          Can't wait to see the finish, hope you can keep the clean look, very well done! Good luck!

Comment

This does look interesting, keeping my eye on this one
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Night Fury - Been watching "How to Train Your Dragon"? Not too sure about the green accents, but will withold judgement until further progress. And then I'll prolly withold it anyway because nobody really wants to hear it. Looks like an interesting project.

Comment

smokniapankake: Nicely put. Haha. Don't worry, you wont offend me by saying you hate my motorcycle. That's the beauty of doing your own custom bike. People hate it or love but the important thing is that it makes me happy.

In all honesty, I didn't realize this bike would scream green quite as much. I am thinking about stripping the green from the foot peg support and painting them black.

Here is a frontal of more green cables and lines:

Hopefully the black engine will tone the green down a bit.
                You guys rock!

Comment

Looks like its monster energy themed

Comment

Those green lines make my red ones look positively pedestrian

Comment

Here are a few updates:

Simple Speedo mount and ignition. I know, it's just a toggle switch but I plan on making another hidden switch to make it less of a no-brainer to steal. Some of you might hate this idea.

New battery and electrical housing.

A rough look of what the tail end will look like.

More to come...

Comment

Subscribed!
                        Are the bars Norman Hydes? Love their shape... Hell I love the look of the whole bike!

Comment

You two would make great friends .

So.. i bought the bike having the intention to build it into a old cafe racer. To be honest, i don't have a real, solid, plan on what i want it to look like. It's more of, let's throw this on there, ooh i like that, steal this idea, a little of that and see how this turns out :D oh and this is...

Comment

Yeah, no doubt! I had to do a double take. I knew that paint scheme looked familiar

Comment

Wow! That is an awesome project. It looks great. Kinda ironic that we are basically at the same point of the built with the same color scheme. I hope my Night Fury doesn't look that green. I hope to get fiberglassing and paint the engine soon. I need to ride! I am going crazy!

Comment

Working...
                              X