No announcement yet.

1983 GS 650G Full Size Café Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a 650g owner, I think I can judge that to be one fine bike. Do you know what that front fender is off of? It looks just like mine chrome fender.

Charlie G
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Very well done!
      80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Very tastefully done, congrats!
        GS850GT

Comment

Thanks everyone, could not have finished without the forum.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
          Being a 650g owner, I think I can judge that to be one fine bike. Do you know what that front fender is off of? It looks just like mine chrome fender.

Charlie G
          The fender is off a 1982 gs 650L I believe. Doesn't fit perfect,but works after drilling new mount holes and gentle persuasion.

Comment

What's to say .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

That turned out really nice I like the paint scheme and the white around the instrument clusters you did. I would be proud to ride that around. Merry Christmas

Comment

That is the best use of an L tank I've ever seen! Keep working at it, you're on a good path. The bike is going to look really good when you're done!

Comment

Awesome news! Really good to see a project come to a successful end

That's like a Christmas present to yourself too
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

nice build, like the led rear tail, does it have intergraded blinkers?

where'd ya get it

Comment

Bravo!
                      When I saw the first pics of the "L" tank tail, I had my doubts, but you pulled it off very well. Nice job!

Comment

Mop, what type and size tires are on your bike? They look good.

Comment

Well done, looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Zafe View Post
                            nice build, like the led rear tail, does it have intergraded blinkers?

where'd ya get it
                            The tail light does have intergrated blinker, running and brake light. I got it off ebay, chinese special for around $30 shipped. I like it a lot.

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                            Mop, what type and size tires are on your bike? They look good.
                            They are shinko tourmaster tires and the sizes are as follows. The front is 100/90 19 and the rear is 130/90 17.
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Night Lights

It was dark when I went home tonight, so I turned on the lights.

Comment

I have done a couple things since my last post. First I redid the tank since there was a failed liner and it kept clogging my carbs. So, I added more bondo to get a more custom, one-of-a-kind look. The difference is subtle, but I love it.

Next, the suspension was way too soft. I added progressive springs to the front. I loved the results and felt like a whole new bike. Unfortunetaly, I could really tell how bad the rear shocks were. I added Harley touring shocks and could not be happier. I like the look and love the ride. Oh, cheap too!

Updated pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X