Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starter clutch repair VS replace

so im needing to replace the starter clutch on my 82' GS1100

i have been looking around on ebay and several other sites but cant seem to find a new replacement, or i find one that's already damaged (ebay).

my question is this, does anyone know how effective starter clutch repair kits are? anyone had any experience with these or heard any stories?

here's a link to the kit im looking into. for whatever reason it doesnt have pages dedicated to individual parts so this is just to the page the part is on, its about 4/5's of the way down, SORRY!

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/suzuki/gs1100/?filters[fitting]=custom

Thanks in advance!
    Sincerely,
    ~Nate

why don't you bring all your parts to me and we'll have a look at it.
    i have springs/rollers/plungers/bolts ect...
    easy eh?

FYI
    ive never heard of any such kit before.

Comment

Those "kits" I think are the entire sprague clutch.
      Go see Blowerbike man. He will fix ya up and give you lots of useful advice. Good dude.

Comment

You can buy all those components from Suzuki for about $30. The problem is that there is usually damage to the housing they sit in, and simply replacing those pieces won't get it done for long.

Ask me how I know this.

You didn't say if your 1100 is a G or an E. The G starter clutch assembly is still available for about $160. The E assembly is about $190.
        Last edited by Griffin; 08-20-2011, 03:05 PM.
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
        X