No announcement yet.

1980 gs750L bobber/sport bike hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so im gonne chop the manifold and run a 12 inch automotive glasspack off it and get some pod filters. would the glass pack sound good? and im gonna get the carbs rejetted. i found a stage 3 on ebay for $105 shipped. idk what i will need. i havnt ordered anything yet cuz id what to get. and i think im gonna have a shop completely rebuild/clean my carbs and install my jet kit and sync em all up. i already have a 4 into 1 header what exhaust would sound good. and once i jet it can i change up exhaust how ever i want since it will be jetted?

Comment

Dude. Don't let a shop touch your carbs. They really aren't that complicated to rebuild and a shop will easily take more than the bike is worth and still not set them up perfectly.

Check out the rebuild tutorials on Basscliff's website. Do your research. Everything you could ever want to know about GS's is here but sometimes you gotta do a little bit of digging.

Comment

ok well i am ordering a stage 3 jet kit on ebay for $105 shipped installing it myself and cleaning up the carbs while im in there and the cycle shop by my work said they would sync up my carbs and tune em for around $40 so im pretty excited. and i am ordering a universal "shorty" muffler on ebay as well. so thats the update so far. i figured out a paint scheme for my bike too. green powder coated wheels, black tank and frame (already black from factory) and a monster logo on the top of the tank with green LED's under the tank gonna be sick!

Comment

Originally posted by Souske View Post
          If that reaR tailight lens is in good shape, I would be interested in taking it off your hands when you get to that stage of your build.

Personally, I think shortening the frame where the filler panels between the sidecovers and tailpiece, and moving the stock tail forward with a single seat would look sweet!

Why shorten the swingarm?? People go to great lengths to..well lengthen them.

Comment

Working...
          X