Gs750 quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs750 quest

Hello to all. I have an 82 gs750 I got a little while back. Bike runs fairly well but need some tlc. Biggest problem I've encountered has been a tendency to quit for no apparent reason. This generally happens when going uphill. The bike first drops to 2 cylinders then dies altogether, to restart you have to usually roll it off. Guess it's good it usually happens On a hill! The only mods to the bike is a 4 into 1 jerker exhaust that appears to have been there for years. On a side note will any katana 600 parts transplant and/or what about gs850 shaft parts. Thinking toward a winter project.

Originally posted by Copperhead232 View Post
    Hello to all. I have an 82 gs750 I got a little while back. Bike runs fairly well but need some tlc. Biggest problem I've encountered has been a tendency to quit for no apparent reason. This generally happens when going uphill. The bike first drops to 2 cylinders then dies altogether, to restart you have to usually roll it off. Guess it's good it usually happens On a hill! The only mods to the bike is a 4 into 1 jerker exhaust that appears to have been there for years. On a side note will any katana 600 parts transplant and/or what about gs850 shaft parts. Thinking toward a winter project.
    Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like the floats might be off in the carbs. Get a manual if you don't have one and check float height. Basscliff will probably be along to share some great info but until then try here. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

Comment

Working...
    X