bringin the 78 back from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bringin the 78 back from the dead

recently traded a non running 50cc scooter for a 78 gs400 that was going to be a bobber before the guy gave up,it has 5200 miles on it,great compression(from what i can tell from kicking the kickstart),and is mostly there(minus a seat a throttle tube and cable and a headlight)well over the past month ive freed up the stuck carb,taken apart the motor to check it all out and put it all back together as well as getting the clutch working,started on the wiring(i have yet to fire it) and it seems im missing some inline fuses,does anyone on here have a color wiring diagram or even pics of their ignition wiring so ill know what im doing??i hate wiring LOL feel free to ask more questions or anything else as ive lurked around on here for a while and love some good conversation,and ill have pics up as soon as i find my camera

My first thought was "Why would he have a scooter?"
    Hehehe.

Sounds like you have a bit of fun in front of you..

Comment

i had the scooter cuz it was free from a neighbor lol

Comment

You're forgiven.
        Swapping it for the GS was a good score.

And, yes, photos are mandatory.
        (not of the scooter)

Comment

yeah i will have some pics up asap

Comment

Good score! Looking forward to the pic's for sure and if you haven't received BassCliff's mega welcome yet, you can get the Clymer and Haynes manuals on his web site:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
            X