79 GS550 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS550 restoration

i have a 550 with 20,000 miles and one prior owner. when i got it i rebuilt the carbs right away cause it would idle all day but would die with any throtle. got my carbs cleaned and back on and got a new air filter, when i took it on a test ride it would acclerate really nice with good throttle response until i hit 4500rpm. when i got home i found wher to hook up my vacume carb sync. and all 4 read the same late valve timeing OR intake manifold leak. and thats how far ive got

Originally posted by JAMAC1120 View Post
    i have a 550 with 20,000 miles and one prior owner. when i got it i rebuilt the carbs right away cause it would idle all day but would die with any throtle. got my carbs cleaned and back on and got a new air filter, when i took it on a test ride it would acclerate really nice with good throttle response until i hit 4500rpm. when i got home i found wher to hook up my vacume carb sync. and all 4 read the same late valve timeing OR intake manifold leak. and thats how far ive got

the bike has not been ran in about 10 years but did kick start when he pulled it out of the garage. if anyone has some advice or tips on my restoration that could save me some time or money that would be great

Comment

Working...
    X