• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you mean "Hug" ?

ohhh you meant "Hue"

Right ?

Comment

OK so tonight is the tear down of the carbs, they have been soaking in Pine Sol for over 24 hours, rinsed in hot water, dried, and disassembly began....

one is completely apart

and only 3 more to go.....

once all are apart, they will get another bath overnight, and tomorrow I will get some carb cleaner to spray in all the nook and crannies...

seems I will need new gaskets, the old ones are stuck to the bowel, and are not coming off without tearing.....

Comment

nice work man...

Comment

@ drivera84 - Thanks....

Well I took the rest of them apart, and all parts to each carb were bagged and tagged and put into a separate box, this way all parts stay with the carb they came from.

I looked at the body of the carbs and they are clean, so no more pine sol bath for any of the parts, but I will be getting some carb cleaner in a can and spray down everything, wipe it all dry, and once my O ring kit come in, I will start the rebuild.

I actually was able to get the gaskets off, with no damage, except one, but it's on an outside corner, small tear, but it should be OK to reuse, and I really hope it won't leak, I will use it on one of the outside carbs just incase....

Well that's it for now, no work on the bike for a week, taking off for a bit, I will post a pic or 2 when I come back, carb kit should be in, my new/old tail should be in, and then it will be onto the removal of the broken bolt on the exhaust, work on the headers, get them dings out, paint them and polish up the tip.

Then more tear down is in store....

Stay tuned....

Comment

This is all for today....Power washed the bike, before it's too cold to do it, I was trying to get as much gunk off as possible, she will still need a good hand wash, to get all of it off....

Last edited by Guest; 11-05-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Well not much to do tonight, so I was just in the garage and looking at the bike and notice the one mirror was loose, so I thought I would tighten it up, and now I know why it's loose.....

This part is broken.........got to source me another one....

or grind it down, and the other side, an put in a small short screw, and get handlebar end mirrors....have to get new mirrors anyways, the current ones are shot

Comment

Got one of those sitting here,yours for shippng if you like.One day to late to go in your pakage.On the other hand I like these http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ken-Sean-Conv...item3f006468e2

Comment

hahaha, I knew you would be my hero.....and have one....ya I wish I had noticed it earlier as well, the mirror you show, does it mount in the same hole, or ?

anyways, if you want to ship me that part, great, I can pay when you have the amount, and when I get back, I am gone all next week.....so you can wait till then to ship, just send me an email on how much....

Thanks

Comment

Well no work on the bike, was off for a week, doing my other favorite activity,,,,can you guess what that is.....

Actually I did get my O-ring kit, and I did put back together the carbs last night, so I did do a bit on the bike, no pictures, but you all know how carbs look like once rebuilt....

Comment

Highway Robbery

So I sent out a request for a quote on getting the frame, and rims powder coated, I have only sent this request to one shop so far, but the price I got almost floored me....

300 bucks to do the frame and 300 bucks to do the rims

is this right, is this what I can expect......ohhhh boy

I am going to get in touch with one other place to see their prices, and if it's the same....well

it's off to the store for, sand paper, wire brush, paint stripper, masking tape, and then figure out what actual paints to use on all of this, yes I have seen the appliance paint in a can, have to see if we have that here, this will be good for frame, and probably all other parts I want to redo in black, brake calipers, tripple tree and so on....

and I will be looking at the high heat, engine enamel to redo the engine as well, just have to figure out how to soda blast it, and where, probably at my brothers shop, he has a big compressor, have to weld up that bent part on the frame anyways....

heck for 600 bucks I can get new tires, a battery, mirrors, and maybe a few other small items, maybe even SS brake lines....

I am not a cheap bugger, but that just kinda seemed a wee bit too high, or am I off and that is the going rate.............

Comment

poor little deer....did you eat it?

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                        Well no work on the bike, was off for a week, doing my other favorite activity,,,,can you guess what that is.....

Actually I did get my O-ring kit, and I did put back together the carbs last night, so I did do a bit on the bike, no pictures, but you all know how carbs look like once rebuilt....

Comment

well not yet.....it's been butchered and packed and put away in the freezer, used up as we need it, family size portions are made, and put into freezer bags. We always consume what we harvest

Comment

Did a little bit of work on the bike with the son tonight, before he headed off to work, slowly getting there, and this is what was taken off....

Need new pads for sure, going to strip the calipers down as well and see how the seals and pistons are

Comment

Coming along nicely there.
                              Dude you gotta stop eating the venison, its doing strange things to your face.
                              While you have the brakes off, don't even think about it, just replace the seals, they are cheap enough, and while you are about it, do the master cylinders as well, again small money for a few seals, change your prake lines as well, brakes are your life, you don't take short cuts with them.
                              Keep the updates coming.

Comment

Thanks Flyboy.....

Ya I guess I should cut back on the venison, the pics even scared me.....lol

Yes a full rebuild will be done on all the calipers, as well as the master cylinder, I am looking at the cost on new SS lines, if it's not a whole bunch I will try to get them, the original ones don't look bad, but they are old so who really knows...

Since the powder coating seems to be off the table, I might have some cash to spend on the lines....

Comment

Working...
                                X