Rear sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sets

I have always prefered the rear foot rests as the most comfortable foot place when out on my bike as it is less cramped and especially when covering distance, and being prompted by a thread here I decided I would finally do something about it. Here is the nearly finished product.
    I used the original set of Raasks that are ok,ish, the problem with them is that while your foot is further back, it is also up, so not much if anything is gained. so, I modified some old rear peg brackets and made some longer connecting rods, there is still a bit to go but essentially they're done.

Drilling and tapping the connecting rods

I will redo the peg brackets later as they can be made to look a bit better.
    I don't mind that the rear pegs no longer exist for a passenger.
    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

wow, they are so far back they look uncomfortable, but if you like them thats what counts. they sure look nice
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Whoa......Is that frame chromed?
      Need some pics of the whole bike.

1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

That is a long way back. Used to see quite a few guys cruising with their feet back on the pillon pegs but I've never seen that set up before. Any pics of the brake set up?
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          wow, they are so far back they look uncomfortable, but if you like them thats what counts. they sure look nice
          Nope, really the right spot with my SP370 bars.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            That is a long way back. Used to see quite a few guys cruising with their feet back on the pillon pegs but I've never seen that set up before. Any pics of the brake set up?
            I'll get one tomorrow when I dissasemble the rods to get chromed, I also have to move one hole on the brake lever arm.
            sigpic

Comment

cool bike mate!

I agree with rover, how about some pics of the whole bike!
              Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drivera84 View Post
                cool bike mate!

I agree with pete, how about some pics of the whole bike!
                Ok as you're asking

Shameless arn't I.
                sigpic

Comment

lovely looking bike but just one criticism, the front mudguard looks too big for the wheel. maybe lowering it a bit may help? apart from that, gorgeous
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                    lovely looking bike but just one criticism, the front mudguard looks too big for the wheel. maybe lowering it a bit may help? apart from that, gorgeous
                    I had thought'v bringing it down a bit but it can't be done without messy drilling. Doesn't matter as its getting a 17" wire wheels instead'v that 16".
                    sigpic

Comment

Woah. That is one shiny bike. Its gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                      X