Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do as a replacement?

I have an '80 750e.

The head unit with the gauges half works. RPM doesn't work, fuel gauge doesn't work, and the light for 5th gear is burnt out. I was thinking of trying to replace it with something to look a little more modern.

I saw this picture on Reddit...

Not sure if it belongs to someone here or not. I'd like to just put a big round headlight on the front and then a smaller read out like that for fuel and speed and what not. I'd even like some of the bigger ones that are just a big read out, not sure what they're called.

Is there something easy to do or is it a whole thing? Where can I look for a replacement?

I've had good results with the Trail Tech Vapor, see it at Trailtech.net.

Comment

Wow that VaporTech unit looks great and is pretty affordable. How hard was it to hook up?

Comment

Have look at this thread it has a lot of ideas

another site for gauges

Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I wanted a fairly traditional look and like mini-dials. They're pretty readily available and do have idiot light on the speedo. I don't think the tach is super accurate but it's fine for me, and I think different ratio units are around. You can even get the speedo in MPH if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBob View Post
            I've had good results with the Trail Tech Vapor, see it at Trailtech.net.

That's pretty nice.

Is there anything like that that shows fuel? My fuel gauge doesn't work now anyways, but it'd be nice to have again. I don't know if it's the gauge or the sensor though.

Comment

Working...
            X