Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

82 GS850G 99% complete. The Copper Stripe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS850G 99% complete. The Copper Stripe.

Project is almost complete less the grab bar on the seat.

Mods:
    V&H Exhaust
    Stage 3 Jet Kit
    K&N Pods
    New Bars
    New Mirrors
    New Turn Signals
    New Headlight Insert
    New Progressive Suspension in rear
    New paint job with Copper Leaf racing stripes

Repairs:
    New main seal
    New rings
    Rebuilt carbs hundreds of times
    Recovery from crash in '08 (I was fine, my bike was not)
    New fender
    New seat cover
    Polished all aluminum parts
    Tons of odds and ends

Thanks everyone on here that helped me with technical advice and inspiration. It has been a 4 year journey. My ride to work ratio is a good 1:10, but I'm about to turn that around. It is finally running the way I want it and is looking great.

Ride on!

Schuyler Silva

The G's are a good looking bike, aren't they? Nice work. I like the copper - great to see guys trying different ideas.

Comment

emblems

i like how you have the emblems on there, did you just use the same paint over it, or is a special emblem?

Comment

At first I tried to copper leaf them. It didn't work, so I just painted them to match.

Comment

I saw recently on TV that there's a place somewhere (how's that for vague??) where they can chrome plate anything. I would imagine that you could therefore copperplate anything. That could look good for your logos. Actually the logos are metal aren't they? Maybe plate them and clearcoat them?

Failing that just stick pennies along the side of your tank. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
            The G's are a good looking bike, aren't they? Nice work. I like the copper - great to see guys trying different ideas.
            Yes they are. I've been surprised that I haven't seen more G's on here, especially the 1100's. Great looking bike! Now time to improve that ride:work ratio. Enjoy!

Comment

They could have been, but the leaf has a great texture where plating is super smooth. Yea, I could get them plated, but it's also very expensive. If ever I get bored with it, I'll do the penny trick.

Comment

Working...
              X