DIY tool pouch :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY tool pouch :)

Hi guys, just wanted to share something I did a little while ago.
    Because I didn't have the original tools that came with the bike I decided to buy some cheap ones and make myself a toolkit and pouch out of the leftover faux leather from the seat retrim.

I was gonna make my mom sow it but it turned out my girlfriend had a sowingmachine. So I decided to tackle it myself and after a few testrounds on scrap pieces I just made pouch, didn't measure or anything as it was just for practice but it fitted all my tools AND fitted perfectly besides the battery

I fitted a button and extended the "lid" so I could use it for something. It now holds my spark plug pipe and a "leatherman" type multi tool.

I then decided to go ahead with the original plan, a roll up type which you find in newer type bikes... Here's how it turned out:

rolled away it fits perfectly besides the battery, the pouch is put away in the rear fairing.

So now I can go away without worrying about minor brake downs and as I now have tools I could actually adjust my rear springs, soft and smooth now

Oh, and the 24,19,17 and 14mm wrenches had to be cut to fit lengthwise, but thats why I bought the cheap tools...

Comment

I had to laff when I read this post because of the timing. I, literally, brought my taped-together OEM tool kit in to make a new one about 5 min. before reading this. THANKS for the ideas!
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

No problems

Comment

That's a nice custom tool bag. Looks like I have a new sewing project for the girlfriend.
          Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Nice man looks like you have the bases covered. Probably cost less than buying an OEM kit and the tools you have are better than the OEM tools.

Comment

Originally posted by razor02097 View Post
              Nice man looks like you have the bases covered. Probably cost less than buying an OEM kit and the tools you have are better than the OEM tools.
              I agree, I found my OEM tool kit when I took my bike apart, it was not this nice... Great Job -

Comment

Great job, thanks for the ideas.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I gave up trying to find an OEM toolkit, so I just took the list that's in the user manual and bought me some cheap tools. The ones that where too long I cut with a grinder :P

Comment

Working...
                  X