New Member working on a '83 GS650G rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member working on a '83 GS650G rebuild

Hello everyone, been reading the posts and can't wait to find out what I really need to do to get this bike up and running again. First off, it does run, it needs an air box, air cleaner and cover for the air cleaner. The guy I bought it from wasn't using anything to filter the air so I'm sure the carbs will need to be cleaned. I know I need a clutch cable and choke cable, and just found out today a tach cable. I guess my question is where should I start to find some of these parts? The cables I can get from my local Suzuki dealer, but the air box and cleaner are no where to be found, obsolete is the word I'm looking for. I know it's going to need work on the exhaust as well, as there are several holes and gaps in the pipes. Wondering if I should try repairing them or bite the bullet and go new. There is obviously a great deal of rust and dirt on the bike at the moment, but that's a nice weekend project to get it cleaned up. Sorry for the haphazard listing of issues/ideas, but I'm simply typing them as they come to me Any and all ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I am pretty certain that I have a complete airbox assembly except for the filter.
    If you are interested, send me a PM and I will send pic's, etc.

Eric

Comment

Looks like these guys have the filter. Not sure how the exchange rate will hurt or shipping, but...

http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gs650g-1...5.html#results

Comment

Working...
      X