No announcement yet.

frame question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If she is as good looking in the flesh as she is in the photo I would start with another bike. Plenty of cheap 750s out there to upgrade.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by bensuzuki View Post
      Thanks for the info guys

eric, any pointers with regards to fitting the 1000 engine?

Picture of my starting point
      That's a beautiful bike, I'd use another and keep that one intact.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Eric, any pointers with regards to fitting the 1000 engine?
        Buy the front engine mounts (used will work) for a GS1000 of '79-79 vintage as you will need to modify (drill one hole in each) and
        a right side foot rest from the same vintage bike as the engine would run into the stock right side mount on your 750.

Eric

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, my 750 is a really clean bike and im in two minds about leaving it standard, may buy a tatty 1000 to use as the basis of the project. It will atleast save the extra work of swopping engines. decisions decisions

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, my 750 is a really clean bike and im in two minds about leaving it standard, may buy a tatty 1000 to use as the basis of the project. It will atleast save the extra work of swopping engines. decisions decisions
            Sounds like you want to build a "sleeper" which I consider to be a very high performance bike that looks like it won't make it around the corner without breaking down. Makes the other guy wonder "what happened?" when you leave him in the dust.
            Seriously, that 750 is really nice and a great bike to boot. Do believe it was the first of the GS series and the predecessor to the GS1000. Anything you do to it will hurt it's value should you modify it in any way.
            There are so many "rat" bikes out there that you can get for a song that would fit the bill for cheap, easy, high performance project. Maybe Eric will sell his!
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

You hit the nail on the head there sedelen, high perfomance gs but without losing the style of the standard bike,
              Just subtle mods that wouldnt stand out to the untrained eye :-)
              Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X