83 gs450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs450

A productive Sunday. Finished the final version of my electrical box.

All the goodies are mounted up nice and sound. New intake boots and gaskets (alonf with some stainless Allen mounting hardware. I also worked with the jetting. 122.5 naibs and a little tweaking and she seems to be running great now. still think I may be a little rich. bogs for a split second with a quick twist of the throttle, but after warm up this is issue all but disappeared. I should be able to work this issues out with the mixture screws as soon as I can remember which way to turn them (it;s been a long day).

Mounted up my new nitro shocks (what a difference).

I finished cleaning up the tabs on the frame triangle as well. Looks pretty good to me. I have some aluminum angle that I will be using for the battery box. Got my roadracer seat ordered from Sean at Rovvity this week. I can't really start the battery box and final mounting until I get the seat and am sure of the exact length I will trim the seat to. I have secured a nice LED 2" flush mount truck light and gasket. I have the resistor wired up and will be soldering this when I rewire the GS450 guageplugs to the 850 guages *would have been to easy if it was plug and play.

I have a small green LED which i will be mounting flush in the headlight bucket with a blue and red. Or perhaps I will place them in the new guage base. I am undeccided as of right now.

The front fender has been trimmed and I am working onthe mounting so I will be able to lower it down a little so it will flow better.

Advice issues or critiques welcome. I am stuck with the L tank for now but it is starting to grow on me. New tank and getting the wheel sizes to match will be on the list but are way down the road as of now. budget build and I seem to have more time than money.

I have the 850 guages set and ready for the mounting bracket.

I added an electronic flasher which worked well initially. now for some reason it is giving me the hyper flash. I do not have the rear markers wired up so I am not sure why the flasher went haywire.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X