1980 GS1100L restoreation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1100L restoreation

After 19 years of ownership the engine started making some rough noises. Now is the time to make it look new again. Here is the engine.

Picture of the rest of the bike

Here are the rest of the pieces. As you can see it needs paint to. The tank bag took all the paint off the top of the tank. Are the side covers avaiable new? Both of mine have been reglued on the inside.

Comment

Big job,
      may the force be with you.
      Sweet as L

Comment

Hi RJ.As far as I know the side covers are available here in the UK as genuine parts from several suzuki dealerships(Crooks Suzuki and Robinsons Foundry)-although I realise that is ABSOLOUTLEY no use to you, they only come in black,which is fine as you are re-painting anyway-you can also buy the emblem clips as well(but if we can get them new you should be able to as well).If it's any help ,after you re-paint the tank get some of the non slip mat that is used in cars for cutting up to stop satnavs,etc.from sliding around on the top of the dashboard,I use it on my GS and it goes over the top and down the sides of the tank so the magnets don't scratch but still hold,mine cost about $1,50 for a half meter square.Good luck with the rebuild and always remember the mantra"if at 4th it doesn't fit/work WALK AWAY, spanner again another day".Johnny

Comment

Working...
        X