Kansas City GS 650 GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas City GS 650 GL

Back on August 19th of 2012 I found and recovered a 1982 GS650GL. I have lusted after the Suzuki GS bikes since 1979. Due to marriage and and finances I was unable to make it happen at that time. Now due to an empty nest and an understanding wife I started looking on Craigslist. Found this bike and brought it home from middle of Kansas. The seller said it was running a couple of months before, but that was hard to believe.
    The rebuild: The fuel petcock needed rebuilt. The carbs were removed and rebuilt. Found a carb to head boot was leaking, repaired that. Changed plugs. Got the engine started and found the rear brake was not working. So replaced the rear master cylinder and bled that system. Replace the fluid in the front brake system. After replacing the battery, found the charging system was not charging and also draining the battery. Purchased the ElectroSport R&R and installed it. The bike is basically complete now. Want to add a windshield, road pegs and redo the paint this winter. NEVER could have done it without this website. You and your readers are great. Thanks for making this dream come true for me.
Working...
X