My "new" Gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "new" Gs

She needs a lot of work and I probably paid too much but nonetheless here is clarice. (If this link business works )

Looks great!
    The bodywork and exhaust don't look like they need any work.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Do you have the full set of that Samsonite? I see that you have the Samsonite brackes on the right rear footpeg that keeps the peg from folding. I would like to buy those. I like Samsonite. I had a brown 1981 like that one. Heck, if its a maroonish '80 I still have one.
      Last edited by 850 Combat; 11-22-2012, 02:28 AM.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Looks nice!
        I think the Windjammers make great front wheel chocks, too!!

Have a great holiday and have fun with your new GS!

1979 GS1000

Comment

I don't have the third bag but I was planning on keeping them I've always wanted a bagger.

Yeah the exhaust just has calcium deposits the seat is immaculate for original. Working on the valves right now and looking for some carbs.

The engine moves freely after I get her started its new tires and bearings.

Comment

Congrats! Now stop chatting online and get to work!

Comment

Looks spot on, whats the plans? full restoration?

Comment

I also had one like this, and it ended up being one of my favorite bikes, I sold it and have been kicking myself in the rear ever since.

Yours looks like its starting out better than mine did, I really don't see much wrong with it.. doesnt look like a leaker, and very little if any rust.. great foundation.

Comment

Full restoration as close to bone stock as I can manage

Comment

The 850G was one of the nicest looking bikes made in my opinion. That one looks like it has alot of potential to be a really great bike. I'm sure you'll have alot of enjoyment with it when you're through.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                    X