No announcement yet.

Third time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really digging it. Like the choice for the round front headlight. The whole bike just has an awesome mean look to it. Do you have any plans to fab up some side covers for the subframe wholes?

Comment

Originally posted by evan132 View Post
      Really digging it. Like the choice for the round front headlight. The whole bike just has an awesome mean look to it. Do you have any plans to fab up some side covers for the subframe wholes?
      Thanks for your comment!
      When leaving the subframe open the whole bike looks lighter, so no covers.

Comment

Wow that looks fantastic!
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Front fender finished and fitted to the bike:

Comment

Your fabrication/mechanical skills are to be admired to say the least. Seriously. That bike looks amazing. So subtle, and yet so much work to achieve what you have. It's rare to see something so custom, w/o looking over-the-top and in some cases, silly. VERY nicely done, sir.
            1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Mate that is absolutely fantastic!

Will you be hitting it with some paint or leaving the finish as is? Personally I think it's just right already

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                Mate that is absolutely fantastic!

Will you be hitting it with some paint or leaving the finish as is? Personally I think it's just right already
                Iīm not going to paint the aluminum parts.

Comment

So is it finished then? What's left?

Comment

Originally posted by mrl1000l View Post
                    So is it finished then? What's left?
                    It needs a license plate holder and some small cosmetic things.
                    Then itīs only waiting for the snow melting down on the roads...

Comment

I have had a lot of problems to get the head gasket oil tight.
                      The cylinder block are machined two times after the first installation. Both time because the
                      liners are dropped down 0.03 - 0.05mm. I hope itīs ended now.
                      Also the broke through in the block starts to weep oil when the engine was hot.
                      Those broke through I painted oil tight with Permatex ultra black rtv silicone.
                      In the copper head gasket I have try to seal with VHT copper spray, Blue Hylomar and Permatex ultra copper rtv silicone.
                      Next head gasket will be Cometic mls gasket (I have ordered one).

Without mentioned problems the bike has been succesfull. It handles good, itīs fun to ride and it does not look too bad.

Comment

Last weekend I made a decision, I didīt want to wait any longer new head gasket. I went back to 1166 cc cylinder block & pistons.
                        At the same modification I raise the boost to 0.6 bar. Today I have been tuning the efi. AFR was too "fat" after the big block.
                        After todayīs tunig session the bike feels ok. It does not have the same torque as with the big block.
                        Maybe in the fall or at least next winter I will install a Big block back.

The Screamer in the yard:

Comment

Man that's awesome... and I can understand not wanting to wait!

sigpic

Comment

You've done an outstanding job
                            Congratulations!
                            sigpicJohn Kat
                            My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
                            GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

clap clap clap.Standing ovation.You have done an incredible job.It is beautiful, and truly custom.wow.
                              future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

After the efi box updating there has been one setup wrong, which I notice yesterday when checking the ignition timing.
                                Now itīs ok and the bike is a real beast! I need to do something to the clutch. It slips until the engine temp is over 70 C.
                                Heavier clutch springs, more weight to the lock up arms or/and check the steel plates.
                                Anyway the engine pulls strongly from 2000 rpm to the redline :victory:

Comment

Working...
                                X