Got this 750L Pretty Wrapped UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this 750L Pretty Wrapped UP

So I think I'm finally done sinking cash into my 750L at least until I can convince my wife that the ugly seat has to go. I did a very poor job documenting pictures from start to finish. but I'll attach a few and you can see what you think. The chrome exhaust that was on it earlier was from a 750E and just didn't work right. it was a temporary fix to the rusted out originals. Other than that, everything got rebuilt, brakes, carbs, brake lines replaced, new tires, paint etc, the list and $$$$'s go on.

Another picture. Better yet, just look at my picture gallery!
    Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2013, 04:57 AM. Reason: More words.

Comment

Looks good man! Nice work. Even if it IS an "L"

One thing though, after your first 100 mile stretch on her, say out at an upcoming GSR rally or something, when your back packs up its gear and goes on strike against you, a set of "Superbike" or "Euro-bend" bars will still keep it sporty without breaking your spine over those clubman bars..

Comment

At least it is a 1980 16 valve chain drive L model. IMHO, the best of the mid-sized L models. The seat, I have read where others have redone theirs to have a more forgiving and attractive platform.
        Good job, and have fun riding.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

That's the thing with the seat. It's actually pretty comfortable just reallllly ugly. I should redo the entire frame too. Just got lazy. It's so hard to spend a ton of money on a 31 year old bike though. Oh yes the bars are a real pain for any distance at all. Of course I might need to get another brake line since mine are custom for the bars that I have. I do have a little slack though.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM. Reason: more text

Comment

"L" Seat on "T" Bike

Originally posted by thkbaron View Post
            So I think I'm finally done sinking cash into my 750L at least until I can convince my wife that the ugly seat has to go. I did a very poor job documenting pictures from start to finish. but I'll attach a few and you can see what you think. The chrome exhaust that was on it earlier was from a 750E and just didn't work right. it was a temporary fix to the rusted out originals. Other than that, everything got rebuilt, brakes, carbs, brake lines replaced, new tires, paint etc, the list and $$$$'s go on.
            thkbaron,

I have an "L" seat and it's growing on me. I still wanna get the original but for now the little "backstop" is comfortable when I put my chest on the tank and really lean forward. It may help to get the grab-bar too...breaks up the seat line...just a thought.

Here's my "T":

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I actually put a set of super bike bars on it the other day and I just didn't like the looks of them on this bike. I didn't lean forward as much as I'd like. I guess I was surprised at that. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the clubman bars. Took them off and put the clubmans back on. Gave the bars to my buddy for his 80 honda 400. Look great on that bike.

Also here's a better picture.

I had done a bit of work prior to these first pics. Tires were original as was the rusted exhaust. I think it's better now )

I do have new signals now so I'll grab a pic of those soon.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2014, 08:56 PM. Reason: pics

Comment

Looks good. Almost a bike twin.

Comment

Wow, she cleaned right up. I like the black case covers.
                  Charles
                  --
                  1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

yeah I got the case cover idea from someone else on the forum. I forget who else had their bike like that. I actually had all of them sanded and was going to polish them up but then I realized I hate chrome so i went black. haha

Comment

Working...
                    X