• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is nicely done! Very cool!

I envy your nice weather...

Comment

Thanks!

Well, just after the last coat I touched up the black bits. And then it happened.

I muppetted.

Comment

But I recovered!

Still 2 more clear coats to go and the paint will be done!. There are a few bubbles under he vinyl stripes that seemed to come up after the clear. I am going to try to lance them tomorrow.

Comment

Thats a very nice orange, looks like you did a good job.

Comment

Interesting build JvZ! Very nice! Nice Work! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks guys.

I am loving this stage of the build. It is really starting to look like a bike. Can't wait to fire up the engine. It hasn't run in about 5 years!

Comment

I like the stripe. I have an off center filler tank too. Did you consider off centering the stripe too or no? What ultimately made you go with a centered stripe? I've been considering an off center stripe.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I did think of going off-centre, but didn't want to deal with how to run the stripes down the front of the tank. Also I prefer symmetry. The filler cap spoils the symmetry a little, but I'll love with it.

But, I connected up a gas tank and line and she fired right up. No idle yet, but she purrs and growls!

Comment

Man!, I do so love that orange and balck stripes! Very nicely done. I read about your bubble issues on the stripes. I had the same issue. Then, one day, I noticed they were gone. I know I lanced a couple of them, rather unsuccessfully, but not all of them. But, they're gone, lanced or not. And I was just considering redoing them, in an effort to eliminate them. Odd.
                    Did you install yours, dry, or did you lay them down with soapy water? Either way, it all looks incredible. Kudos!

Comment

Thanks Rash.

I did the soapy water trick. Eventually got all the bubbles out. It looked fantastic until I put one "last" layer of lacquer on. Bad chemical reaction. Completely ruined the tail piece and with a bit of luck I'll be able to save the tank.

On a brighter side though, SHE RUNS!

Comment

Comment

Cool!

Looks really nice!

Comment

Look what just arrived!

Colour me excited!

Comment

I had my very first ride on her today. Road tax, insurance or roadworthy ness certificate and no brakes, so I couldn't go far, but the point is I RODE IT!

Comment

here's the proof

Comment

Working...
                                X