Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project in NC...need a builder/mechanic

OK, here's the skinny...

I have an 82 750 with a knock in the #1 cyl (see my sig pic below, thats the bike)
    I have 2 1100 motors (1 small end and 1 big end crank) both disassembled in boxes with the big-end crank crated and ready to ship to a rebuilder.
    Here's what I am looking for...someone who can take all the parts (to include some shafty parts as well) and build the 1100 motor, install it in place of the 750, put an aluminum 1100 swingarm in the frame (which i also have) and get my baby ready to ship to Dubai.
    Normally I would do all of this myself, but due to my new job it is going to be impossible.
    I have a bunch of Suzuki parts I would be willing to barter, just because I cant move 5 foot-lockers worth of parts over here and I am tired of storing/hauling them around the US.

I need a reputable guy who knows these bikes, won't rip me off, and stands behind his work. I will pay the right guy a fair wage for all the work done and would like to see pictures of the progress.

If anyone knows someone who might be interested, PM me and we will see what can be worked out. I would prefer someone from this site...

This is not a rush job, I just want it done right the first time...and I'm not looking for 150hp at the rear wheel...just a nicely warmed up, reliable 1100...

Any takers?

The closer to NC the better.

Who wants to make some money?

Comment

Mark, you're in Dubai, the center of the world for second hand low mile vehicles shipped to the southern hemisphere from Japan! Heaps and heaps! You will be able to pick up summat really good for next to nowt. I'm told out on the airport road there are acres of parked up cars, trucks, mini buses and bikes. Ask a local.
      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by tatu View Post
        Mark, you're in Dubai, the center of the world for second hand low mile vehicles shipped to the southern hemisphere from Japan! Heaps and heaps! You will be able to pick up summat really good for next to nowt. I'm told out on the airport road there are acres of parked up cars, trucks, mini buses and bikes. Ask a local.
        It's the sentimental attachment....I want the old girl up and running again and am willing to throw money at it until it's done the way I have it pictured in my mind...

Plus, I'll be in an apartment in Jumeira beach for a year, then I will get a villa and set up shop.

Once I get settled in I will scour the area for potential projects...and yea, I've seen the abandoned vehicle lots near the airport...but from what I hear they are hard to get out of impound and get registered, unless you have some wasta.

Getting parts in will also be an issue, so thats why I want it done before it goes in the container with my household goods.

Comment

Nice opportunity you are giving someone there Mark, sounds like a nice project too.
          I am surprised that the mechanically inclined members aren't all over this one like a bad rash, I would be if I lived on that side of the pond, good chance to get your name out there and start earning a reputation as a builder/mechanic.
          Nice one Mark.

Comment

I need a reputable guy who knows these bikes, won't rip me off, and stands behind his work.
            Sounds like an interesting project but in my mind you really are asking for a professional builder. What shade tree mechanic would be able to stand behind his work? You are asking someone to take on a lot of liability. What happens if they assemble the bike, it fails while you are riding it and you are seriously hurt?
            Its one thing to work on your own bike but when someone else is involved that's a whole different ball game. Just some food for thought.

Comment

You have a point, however, there are quite a few members on this site that are anything but shade tree mechanics, and who turn out first class work, better, than any shop would.
              But I have to admit the US and it's stupid, ridiculous liability laws would indeed make most people think twice, irrespective of how good their work is.

Comment

Perhaps shade tree was not the proper word, I should have said non professional or amateur mechanics.

Comment

i only work on the bikes i am riding. that way if something happens, i know the mech on the bike. its the only way to fly. i know pro guys that wrench on bikes they seem to mess up a lot. you hear a lot about the local shops, when you know a bunch of guys that ride.

Comment

Gremlin, I hear you. but surely, for the love of all that is holy, common sense has to prevail, honestly.
                    I just think it is a real kick ass opportunity that Mark has offered, especially for someone trying to establish themselves as a go to guy when it comes to wrenching.
                    How are we supposed to offer each other a leg up and look after each other if we are too scared of liability laws?
                    Times are tough, and it ain't easy out there, now more than ever, we need to embrace the spirit of Ubuntu (look it up).
                    How many times have you dreamed of doing that project without having to foot the bill?
                    Just sayin'
                    Larry is a prime example of what this is all about.
                    As I said, where I on that side of the pond, I would grab the chance with both hands.
                    Mark, maybe they just scared of you.......

Comment

Interesting opportunity...suprised no one has stepped forward to take on this task.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                      X