No announcement yet.

'82 gs750 tz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference in that bike so far is pretty incredible!

Way to keep at it!

Comment

I'm working on it as much as I can with the limited time I get. The rear section on there is not the OE product, but since it is cracked in places and missing mounting tabs I figure its ok to cut some off, and bondo other places and make it work as a café rear section. It came off an 1100 and I have the side covers too that are just as damaged. So I think they will get the same treatment, to come up with a removable seat/rear with no rear fender.

Comment

Just a little update. Not much work has been happening on the bike the last few weeks. I have been out trying to ride my other bike as much as I can right now, and life has been taking up the rest of my free time. I'm still tinkering with the carbs as time permits, and I have plans for everything else. I'm kind of strapped for cash at the moment so I'm just working with what I have already amassed.

Comment

Take your time, I'm not going anywhere.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I finally got her down off the lift today. I got the shocks on, but found out I need a new bushing in the eyelet of the right side one. I have it rigged right now. I still can't get the damn kickstand spring on, but I'm not too worried about it. At least I am making some progress. Wife lost her job a few weeks ago, but is about to start a new one, so I'm not as stressed as I was the last couple of weeks. I also traded in my old daily rider for a new bike, so I have been a little pre-occupied with that bike as well. I am hoping to make a fresh start back on the 750.

Comment

Anyone have any handlebar suggestions? After sitting on the bike for the first time I don't really care for the stock bar positioning. I have been looking at some bars with less rise and pullback like Daytona bars. I don't think I would like clubmans if they were turned down café style.

Comment

Working...
              X