85 gs550l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 gs550l

hi all. im new on here love the site. lots of info. im working on a 85 gs550 l and am curious if anyone has lowered the seat pan on these. and if anyone knows where I can get longer clutch and throttle cables for these bikes or if they are universal. I work at a Harley shop and my boss gave me a set of ape hangers for this bike that Im making a softail chopper out of.

on a side note there is a website that has a lot of parts for these bikes its dime city cycles. they have lots of stuff for café and bobbers.

thanks for any information that can be given I appreciate it

I have a 84 GS550l which I am currently restoring. Would love to see some pics of your soft tail chopper conversion. Thanks for mentioning dime city cycles....cool site.

antlese

Comment

No problem when I get a chance ill get some pics up

Comment

Welcome to the site....

and a bit of info on how to post pictures....

Comment

got a few of the pictures up now ill have some more loaded when i get the seat set and my exhaust thats getting made this week

Comment

Nice.....

now you might want to go to User CP and fill in your location, and perhaps in your signature you can add what bike your working on, have, etc.....

then you don't have to keep telling everyone all the time....

good luck on the build

Comment

left over parts

well im clearing the garage out bike should be out of the exhaust shop by friday so i have alot of extra parts laying around if ne 1 wants them just pay for shipping i have the stock rear fender stock seat gauges hadle bars switch housings ( no switches ) levers mirrors the bar that goes under the back of the seat turn signals and the rest of the exhaust besides the headers plus the center stand i live in nw indiana near chicago if an1 is interested let me know

Comment

the biohazzard is all actually painted i also found a guy that extended everything for 80

Comment

Well, it was an L.....

Nice job!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

well im still waiting on the exhaust. the bends were to tight to bring around with regular bending so i had to get mandrel bent pipe. i was trying to make it all garage build looking. rush muffler is actually near where i live. so i went by there and they were all set up for the bends i needed so they hooked me up with a few bends for free. what an awesome company the owners like to help the local guys they said. so im pretty excited they should finaly be done on wed so i can put everything back together

Comment

the guy extended them the exhaust isnt fully finished yet im pulling it out to put everything back together so ill have pics without the exhaust later this afternoon

Comment

actually here is a pic of everything mocked up besides controls and lights and exhaust

Comment

well i finally got it to the point of trying to start it and it will not start i finally have it getting spark by modifying a 550e ignitor and now no gas so off come the carbs to clean the jets again

Comment

its at work at the moment so cant get any pics today but tomorrow i can got the exhaust almost complete im going to bring the headers from the left side to make it a 4 into to exhaust nice and short so its loud by the way if i told them right over the phone thru ups im looking at about 200 to ship all those parts to you frankinzuki thats if you still want them

will

Comment

thats fine ill take a look tonight n make a list i figured 200 was alot

Comment

Working...
                              X