81 GS650E rebuild nearing completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650E rebuild nearing completion

My winter project is about done. Stator failed after fixing everything else so am now waiting on parts. Replaced the OEM RR with a Shindengen but stator apparently got too well done before the RR was replaced.

Where I started:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Now:

Another pic

Comment

Bike looks great!

Comment

Thanks.
        Am still trying to decide on whether to put stripes similar to the OEM style on it. Or just leave as is.

Comment

Good Job

Great job on your bike.

My first Suzuki was an '82 GS650E and I thought these were great bikes. I had one of these bikes during my younger days when I had no money to put into it or even properly maintain it and though I drove it like a rented mule and it just kept on going and never let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by thensley View Post
            Thanks.
            Am still trying to decide on whether to put stripes similar to the OEM style on it. Or just leave as is.
            I like the colour, but I do find it to be a bit too...much. I think it'd look good with some pinstriping to break it up a little and accentuate the lines.

Did you fit 850 sidecovers on the 650E?
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I had about decided it needed some breakup of the color but now wondering what color stripes to use.
              No, those are the original 650E covers.

Comment

Know this is an old post where was this bike located ? One for sale in Fayetteville Arkansas looks just like it .

Comment

Could be, looks like an Arkansas license plate.

Comment

There are plenty of Arkansas shots in his Photobucket account, too, not to mention a number of fine looking motorcycles
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Dang didn't notice the plate definitely Arkansas plate . For sure the same bike going to go look at it Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X