X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
    Check out that A$$

That's it.......

I am driving down to Texas and stealing your bike.....

at least for a few hours anyways....

nice job....

c'mon down, its about to be a daily rider again

Comment

Finally disposed of the useless Anti-dive experiments..

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        Finally disposed of the useless Anti-dive experiments..

Notice any difference in the ride/handling?

Comment

Unbelievable difference! When you factor in the Race Tech emulators and new shorter Sonic springs spaced correctly it is like night and day. The new wheels help too.

Comment

Had it out today all the squish is gone, the biggest improvement is when braking. So solid..

Comment

Had it out today all the squish is gone, the biggest improvement is when braking. So solid..
              And that's an improvement solely from blocking off the anti-dive, or are you speaking to all the front-end changes you've made?

I'm trying to decide if the block-offs are worth it for my 1150.

Comment

Look great Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
                  And that's an improvement solely from blocking off the anti-dive, or are you speaking to all the front-end changes you've made?

I'm trying to decide if the block-offs are worth it for my 1150.
                  Yes, but certainly the emulators helped the most, removing the anti-dives is mandatory when you install them. By removing them you have cleaned up and removed the additional brake line and bleeder, hence less areas to accumulate air. With new and better springs the forks will perform better putting less pressure on the brakes especially at high speed stops. If you do the block-offs you will need to replace the fork oil anyway, if it were me I would do new springs, block-offs and heavier weight oil at a minimum. If emulators are in your budget I highly recommend, I assure you will notice a remarkable difference.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2013, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Yes, but certainly the emulators helped the most, removing the anti-dives is mandatory when you install them. By removing them you have cleaned up and removed the additional brake line and bleeder, hence less areas to accumulate air. With new and better springs the forks will perform better putting less pressure on the brakes especially at high speed stops. If you do the block-offs you will need to replace the fork oil anyway, if it were me I would do new springs, block-offs and heavier weight oil at a minimum. If emulators are in your budget I highly recommend, I assure you will notice a remarkable difference.
                    I've got Racetechs and 15w oil in there now. The 1150 anti-dives have no additional brakeline, though.

Where do you get these block-offs?

Comment

this is one place

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
                        I've got Racetechs and 15w oil in there now. The 1150 anti-dives have no additional brakeline, though.

Where do you get these block-offs?

Comment

I love watching your builds, Joe. So understated and sano. Brilliant bike.
                          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                          X