Gs 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1100

My old 1100 hasn't run in years, 10 in fact.

The frame's starting to rust through on top.

I have my 1150 that is staying stock other than air filters/jets. So what to do about my old girl? Well . . .

. . . strip her down . . .

. . . almost looks like a bobber!

And then maybe I got carried away a bit.

I know the rust isn't that bad and I could probably POR-15 the frame tubes or cut them out and replace them. But the bike used to have NOS, was run hard for a bunch of years before I got it. I know the PO got hit once on it and put it down at least 2 other times. Besides, I have the GS1150 in stock trim, and being 6'3" I want something to stretch out on. I don't have money for a cruiser or a harley, so I am going to make do with what I have.

Plans are lengthen the frame to get the seat back so my knees will be at less than 90°. Move the controls forward a bit. Since just moving the rear wheel back would look silly, it's going to have a modest rake as well, something aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

Before I can get started I need to make room in my little shop (it's really a glorified shed) to get the 1100 in there. Only way that is going to happen is to get the 1150 out. Waiting on parts from MotoSports to finish up the 1150's forks and then I'll be riding her daily. Then make an elevated table/frame jig and get to work. I'll update this as I go.

Here's my great big workshop:

This is most of the inside.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2013, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X