85 GS700es restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS700es restoration

Hello! Just joined the site, as I recently purchased an 85 GS700es in Maine from a friend of my father for $500. The GS is in pretty good shape and I plan to do a small scale resto in the next few months. In the last few days on the forums I have looked over some of the restorations of these bikes and I have been inspired! I will attach a few photos below and hopefully someone can help me find the answer to my first question: What brand of side fairing is this? It looks different from the ones I have seen in stock photos. I am wondering if it was intended for a different bike? Seems to fit though... Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hello and Welcome to the site, seems like a nice bike but hard to tell by the small picture....

here is a guide on how to post pics...

also don't for get to add your location and in your sig add the bike you have, then we don't have to keep on asking

enjoy the rebuild\resto,,,,,

Comment

Better pictures. I hope.

Hope these pictures show up. Thanks for the link Gatekeeper!

Comment

Pics are fine,that looks like a stock lower someone has modified to me.The only other lowers I've seen for these bikes are Locharts(sp?) and those don't look like that either.

Comment

A guy in vegas told me the lowers came on the 85 gs700esf. I cant seem to find lowers anywhere. Those resemble 83-85 gs550esd. Would you want to sell them?

Comment

Working...
          X