1986 GS750ES Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 GS750ES Rebuild

Starting to do a rebuild. Engine runs great, but the last owner painted it jet black then said he got stoned with his girlfriendand and broke mirrors and made designs over it... Needless to say I took those off right away and have no pictures prior to them being removed.

Contemplating original paint job or a black and red marbled.. Thoughts?
    Already have most of the prep work ready...

This is my first rebuild so it's an adventure...

Hmmmmm an 86 GS750 badly repainted black,sounds vaguely familiar.I'm sure I've seen something like it Wecome to GSR,might want to check out my sig threads and http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=196338 .

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

So where about in Canada are you?Might think about adding a location,it's in the user CP.

Comment

I'm in White Rock. Just across the water from you.

Comment

and now fix up your signature to include your bike....and while your in the CP area find where it allows you to see 40 posts per page and you will like the site even more....

User CP
            Options
            part way down

Number of Posts to Show Per Page Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages. Number of Posts to Show Per Page:
            pick 40
            Welcome to the site....

Comment

Done! Cheers. Anyone know of some good Canadian parts sites? My goals are to figure out why at around 5000rpm it is blowing some black smoke, and sometimes has a rough time moving off the start in first. New brake pads, exhaust, carb clean and sync.

I've never worked on a bike before so looks like i'll be burring my head in a manual!

Comment

All primed up and ready to go in my makeshift paint booth.

I'm going to use an electric sprayer. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X