Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 GS 1100 E, the Return! The slow Return...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS 1100 E, the Return! The slow Return...

Hi everybody!

It's been about two years since I've visited the forums, but I've found my way back. Had a life event that took me away from the motorcycle for that time, and she's sat neglected for that period of time. So, time to get it back on track.

So, before the wrenches start flying, it's time to build a list of things to do!

Clean carbs.
    Brake system fluid flush.
    Oil and oil filter change.
    Fork fluid change.
    New chain and sprockets.
    Lube and inspect all cables.
    New tires.
    New battery.
    Re-check all bolt torques.
    Adjust Valves.
    Jet/adjust carbs.

Can't really think of anything else that might need attention. I've previously rebuilt all my brake capilers (seals, pistons), new rear shocks, forks rebuilt and resprung, I've done all the common relay/electrical cleanup per Posplayr's write ups. Carbs have a Dynojet Stage 3 kit installed, and a set of K&N pods. Coils and wires are new, Dyna greens, Accel wires.

So, that'll get the bike back on the road, hopefully, and complete the Resto part of my RestoMod. Plans are to just ride it, and get used to riding again. After a good while, I'm looking at changing ergonomics, and replacing signals and mirrors with more contemporary looking items. I'm contemplating some crazier things with the electrical system, but that's pretty far off, and will require a new harness to play with, so I don't mangle my current one. Hopefully, I can get to this point by mid 2014. This thread'll be updated as I get things done, as funds become available.

So, off to go buy a new gallon of carb dip, and get started on these carbs again!

Carb dip acquired, O-rings purchased. Extremely excited about working on the bike again.

Comment

Just so you know, the 82 1100E wiring harness is still available new from Suzuki!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
      X