Fork cap replacement????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork cap replacement????

1982 Gs1100GL full restoration/customization to cafe racer!!!!

So first off, the search function is not working for me. I keep getting an error message whenever i search for anything (very irritating) so i apologize if this is elsewhere

I have been looking around the interwebs for aftermarket fork caps for my factory forks. but so far have had no luck finding such a magical part. I was wanting to see if anyone on here knew of such a thing. Also, for the life of me i cant find my shop manual anywhere (project has been on hold for a while). I'm rebuilding my forks right now and need to figure out what type of oil i need to fill the forks with and also how much. (hopefully i can buy it locally)

sorry for the dumba** questions!

Originally posted by Bustedknuckles View Post
    1982 Gs1100GL full restoration/customization to cafe racer!!!!

So first off, the search function is not working for me. I keep getting an error message whenever i search for anything (very irritating) so i apologize if this is elsewhere

I have been looking around the interwebs for aftermarket fork caps for my factory forks. but so far have had no luck finding such a magical part. I was wanting to see if anyone on here knew of such a thing. Also, for the life of me i cant find my shop manual anywhere (project has been on hold for a while). I'm rebuilding my forks right now and need to figure out what type of oil i need to fill the forks with and also how much. (hopefully i can buy it locally)

sorry for the dumba** questions!
    Highly doubt that you'll find aftermarket fork caps. Don't think they ever existed for that bike.

If you're using the stock springs go with 10w fork oil, or in a pinch ATF. Set the level at 110mm.
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Working...
    X