GS1100GL Cafe Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I goofed up...

in my excitement and haste, while putting the front wheel together, I forgot to put the wheel bearing spacer in (picture 1). Now, while mocking up the front end, the axle seems to be sticking too far out on the left side and is also getting a bit tight as I am tightening down on the castle nut. There seems to be too much un-used room on the axle shaft. BUT I also think I may be missing another spacer along the axle shaft according to my Clymer (crappy I know)

So, what I want to know is, is this extra open space on the axle shaft due to the bearings being pushed too far into the wheel? (lack of bearing spacer) Or am I missing a spacer somewhere along the axle? Or is the tightness normal and I just need to finish tightening it?

(FYI, i know the rotors are missing bolts/wrong bolts, and i know there is paint on the right side of the bearing housing, it will be fixed before riding)

Comment

Thanks for the info! Had a chance to read through it over the weekend and I really enjoyed it.

I'm in the process of modernizing the front fork on my 1980 GS850G. I noticed that you kept yours stock, do you think I'll run into problems if I upgrade the front forks to '92 GSXR forks, wheel and brakes but keep the back stock? And by stock I mean upgrading the rear suspension to Hagons

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Shock Update!!!!

So i trashed the crappy RFY's and bought some Hagons!

I splurged a little and bought myself some Hagon Nitro's and then added a remote reservoir. They ran me $650 but look dang sexy! I haven't ridden them yet so i cant give much more of a review than just how they look.

Comment

Working...
        X