Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't like the Drag 'bars on new toy, what to replace with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like the Drag 'bars on new toy, what to replace with?

The Beast came with drag bars.
    I have "hand issues", I can not do "the sportbike pushup" for more than 1 miles without problems.
    Any thoughts on what to replace them with? ( I'm leaning toward original bars)
    Here it is:

1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

superbike bars are your best bet, slightly higher and pulled back. makes for a comfortable riding position and good leverage for blatting through the twisties..

i hate drag bars on a road bike, they are so uncomfortable
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I put superbike bars on the old bikes I have had.
      Comfortable and usable.

1979 GS1000

Comment

I like the stock bars, but if you run over 70 or so, they are tiring. I generally ride on roads where under 70 is fine. Blazing down the interstate, something more forward, like a Daytona bar, would be nice.

One of my 1000Gs and my BMW R80RT had that kind of Metzler tire. I was a little disappointed in them compared to how much I liked Metzler 88s and 880s in the past. Still pretty good though.
        Last edited by 850 Combat; 11-30-2013, 12:51 PM.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I like the stock bars from a smaller GS. GS450 bars were perfect on my 750, maybe GS550 bars would be good on that 1000. But it all depends on how you are shaped and how you ride.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My 79 GS1000L is sitting next to this in my garage. ( still not running)
            I don't know what superbike bars look like. How do they compare to my stock L bars?

Anyone got a pic superbike bars?
            1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
            1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!

Comment

is this them ???

I found some tagged as Emgo, and looks like same one tagged as Bikemaster. Same product, different distributor ?

Comment

I'd seriously agree with everybody else up above...consider the stock bars!
                I've only got half-a-bike compared to yours! but my bike came with two stock options...

Both are good,(I guess the low ones suit your link-they are also reasonably priced!) but if you plan on a windshield, I'd choose the taller type- without some wind, the lower type can be "felt", though on THIS bike, they are preferred. The taller ones are now on the 400T, which has a stepped seat, more like yours and the lower bars are just a bit a stretch on the T-I think your forearms should be level when comfortably riding...if you find yourself "stiff-armed" in a corner, I think this is bad...
                Last edited by Gorminrider; 12-14-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I picked an 850, but you can find yours..

fun site:
                  Last edited by Gorminrider; 12-14-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post

I picked an 850, but you can find yours..

fun site:
                    http://cycle-ergo.com/
                    kinds cool site; They have the GS1100E's as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X